Thread: Mid cycle bleeding

Mid cycle bleeding

Hey, for the past 11 months or so my periods have been a bit erratic. Ranging from every 19 days to 30 days and always lasting at least a week. I've seen the gynae who says it's abnormal uterine bleeding as my hormone tests came back normal but are apparently inconclusive. Anyway the problem that seems to be persistent and one which Im not sure is consistent with perimenopause is the pain in my pelvis on the right side like a pulling ache and the lower back pain which can spread to just under my ribs and the mid cycle bleeding which can range from just being brown spotting to red blood and mostly just when I go to the toilet. Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Thanks, Debs : )

Re: Mid cycle bleeding

Hello debs. From much of what u describe (I was looking @ some of your other threads too) it could be peri menopause. I have had an erratic cycle for months now. In fact probably for a year. Before that I had mid-cycle bleeds & also long gaps between periods occasionally. I haven't had a period for 3 months now but have still had pmt in the lead up to when I was due. I am in the midst of PMT at the moment....
    Sometimes I can get low back ache with all this and aches all around the front of my pelvic region too. Plus I have experienced some other things u describe like that yukky feeling and aches going right up into your rib cage. It is definitely tied into my cycle. Unless I am hormonal I usually feel ok.
    Oh it gives me yukky headaches too sometimes & messes with my mind something chronic. Sometimes I feel like the end of the world is nigh and why do I bother. But I remind myself this is blasted hormones talking and not reality.
    It's good that your tests have been clear but obviously the problems still exist. I'd definitely want more answers if it were me. Not because I'd consider it sinister, moreso that to bleed for that length of time is not only very uncomfortable, but it impacts on daily life and could lead 2u becoming anaemic. That is what happened to me when my periods were close together. When I was anaemic it p,she'd havoc with my digestion, does it do that to u? It did give me a sluggish & sometimes achy bowel region.
    In some respects I am grateful for the break from periods since it means I am definitely not anaemic at the moment! I am hoping they never come back. But I suppose for all us peri menopausal women, we just do not know and the guessing game continues.
    I am taking Menopace which seems to have helped alot of my menopausal symptoms. Also evening primrose oil. Fluoxetine helps with my pmt.

Thread Information