im new here but i am very passionate about my message, i was on venlafaxine for 7 years after i tried several other anti depressants the never had much impact, they were fantastic for the first twelve months great for my impending doom and paranoia, but then addiction took over evrything a few hours late takin tab , i felt ill , i felt suicidal, my gp doubled the dose and plus, i had tried to come off them on several occasions but the withdrawal was un bearable its not just physical tis emotional and very mood changing, destroying evrything they were meant to do. i took an overdose once when i was sixteen, on these tablets i took six, it has took me eighteen months and im still suffering to get off these tabs and im still suffering, my memory and day to day thinking is awash. doctors wont admit they are addictive but believe me i was fantastic for one year and then , , , , tis still ongoing but i have come off them, now i cant ever imagine thinking it ok to od not like i did on venlafaxine, avoid it there other stuff out there . . .