Thread: Neuro-Linguistic Programming for HA?

Neuro-Linguistic Programming for HA?

Not too long ago I tried various, more common approaches to Health Anxiety such as CBT and Hypnotherapy. They didn't work for me at all, and medication (mirtazapine) isn't really working either. I've just looked up 'NLP' today, but I'm having trouble understanding how the approach works. Has anyone else ever used NLP to help patch up their anxiety, and if you have, is it possible to get it on the NHS?

Re: Neuro-Linguistic Programming for HA?

I have had quite a few NLP sessions and I like them a lot. It's a very proactive therapy, and will help you look for solutions that work for you, as well as challenge the way that you think.

It's very logical and won't allow you to indulge in the victim like thinking that can often accompany anxiety problems. It's also got some great techniques for managing panic attacks if you have that problem.

I don't know anything about doing it on the NHS, but if you can afford a couple of private session I'd recommend it.

Get a book on NLP for Dummies, it may give you a better idea of what to expect.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

I really benefitted from NLP sessions. I learned to control my anxiety very quickly.. sometimes just by altering the way I was seated and performing muscle contractions that people aren't even visible to others around you.

Thread Information