Thread: 2nd ATOS medical in a year, advice please

2nd ATOS medical in a year, advice please

Haven't posted on here for a while, my little puppy has had Parvovirus/Pneumonia, luckily she is recovering and doing great.

I asked ESA to reconsider my situation and transfer me from the Work Related Activity Group and put me in to the Support Group, this was about 6 months ago, they now tell me they have been unable to make a decision and I will have to attend another ATOS medical, it is only a year since my last one.

I have all the external links relating to ESA descriptors and DWP information.

I am already consumed with anxiety and I don't even have a date for it yet. My GAD/SA/PA/Insomnia have not improved over the past year and I also hyperventilate constantly.

I would really appreciate any advice you have to offer me on this subject. I will be going to the medical with my Mum as I did for the last one.

Unfortunately for me when I attend interviews I am usually quite calm because I don't know the person I am meeting.

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed.x

sarah.x

BobbyDog

Re: 2nd ATOS medical in a year, advice please

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear your puppy has been unwell and pleased she is recovering well. My ESA has just come to an end. They told me that unless I can get evidence that I am worse then I can't apply for anything else. I am not worse and I am actually a bit better but still not well enough for full time work so I can't get anything.
    I would ask your doctor and any others that you are seeing about your health to write supporting letters for you.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

After sending this message I have just received a 'Limited Capability for work Questionnaire' Well, will see what happens with this

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Hi Sarah, sorry to hear your puppy has been unwell and pleased she is recovering well. My ESA has just come to an end. They told me that unless I can get evidence that I am worse then I can't apply for anything else. I am not worse and I am actually a bit better but still not well enough for full time work so I can't get anything.
    I would ask your doctor and any others that you are seeing about your health to write supporting letters for you.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

After sending this message I have just received a 'Limited Capability for work Questionnaire' Well, will see what happens with this
    There is hope for us after all Annie, and thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

BobbyDog

I have to say that filling that form in has made me more anxious! Loads of questions and I may have to go for another assessment. I think it has something to do with them paying my NI

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I have to say that filling that form in has made me more anxious! Loads of questions and I may have to go for another assessment. I think it has something to do with them paying my NI
    You could be right about the NI. I got really stressed filling my form in as well, it's a bloody nightmare, they do not realise the negative impact that this rigmarole has on people with mental health problems - or don't care!

BobbyDog

Thread Information