Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish people wouldn't do this!

I wish people wouldn't do this!

I have good days and not so good days like many of you appear to have.

My good days can be wrecked by just one person making what to them is a caring remark but to me can be devastating.

I can be sitting at my desk feeling really well and actually enjoying the day when another member of staff can walk by and say something like - "Are you ok? - you do look a bit pale today".

Bang - that's it! I immediately feel very unwell and all my symptoms of health anxiety come soaring back - ectopics etc. Another ruined day!

If only they understood, but how can I convey my problem to them - I'm their manager. If I tried to explain it to my team of hairy tanker drivers they'd have a field day and it could undermine my position.

John

Hi,

I agree with what your saying, I have the same problem but in a different way.

I can be having a great day until I hear somebody talking about how their friend is poorly or something to do with health is detailed on the TV, then all my symtoms can come back.

Some of my close friends at work know about my anxiety issues.

Red

yep am the same.
    Having a right good day today until a collegue came in to say that her husband had been up all night with a horrible sick bug. Well with a fear of sick, that is the last thing i need to hear!!!!

Hay x

Yep! I know what you mean.

Out of the blue, the other day, my mother started talking about all the people she knows that have cancer. I suggested that cancer is not as common as she was suggesting and that is mainly a disease of old age but she insisted that it is rife in every age group.

Then she suggested that I get tested for diabtetes....... Does she know something that I don't? Maybe..... maybe not.

Being pale is a symptom of anxiety isn't it? I'm not sure why but apparently it is.

E

Keep On Keepin On

Hi John, I sympathise with you on this one. It must be extremely hard for you with your hairy tanker drivers (that bit made me laugh for the first time today!!) Although I'm in a senior position at work myself, I do have a manager who is our Borough Solicitor and find her extremely intimidating at times. I couldn't even begin to tell her anything about how I really feel and sometimes feel like I'm "wimping out" when I give her one excuse after another. I hate it when she says "you don't look too clever today", it really undermines my confidence and makes me think there is something wrong with me that is worse than just anxiety! i reckon you've coped pretty well so far because it looks like you do manage to keep your anxiety under wraps from your hair tankers!! Well done mate, just ignore the comments and tell yourself there's nothing wrong.

Take care.

Les

God you have hit the nail on the head with this post.

I work in a school and there are 2 dinner staff that come in and they are renowned for their gossip. They seem to delight in telling me how rough I look most days lol! And it does set you off doesnt it?

A few times I passed and they said hi to me then I heard them say '' woah she DOESNT look well''. the next time they asked me if I was ok as ' I didnt look well' I said I felt fine thanks but told them I was just thinking exactly the same about them. I commented on the redness of her cheeks which was quite excessive and it went down like a lead balloon - she didnt like it at all obviously.

Sounds petty but it made me feel a little better![:I]

hello John,i have an idea for you!How about telling them??Or dropping it out in conversation in some way,The only reason i say this is because ayoung chap i know,[hairy truck driver!!]suffers with awful anxiety and actually chose this profession so he could be on his own most of the time[does a lot of long haul work!]there are sooo many of us with anxiety in one form or another that maybe there is someone like you who is suffering in silence at work!!Big thing to do maybe ,tell folk,so any body else got an y ideas of how to tell others without feeling foolish!!The work place can be so cruel.Now that fella i mentioned has no social life or workmates and it is no life for a 31 year old is it!?God luck John.love mary rose.xxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Me to I can get Up ok,then someone at home says you look moody and bang Im feeling bloody down again.:(

Ellen XX

HIYA

im like this aswell, 3 years ago i had a blood clot and this is 1 of my big fears now, anyway i was fine and my aunty said " your legs look swollen" a perfectly normal comment i spose but it effected me so much i had to leave the family get together. looking back it was mid august and very hot thats probably why lol

leanne xxxx

i just wanna feel normal

this happened to me yesterday
    a friend saw me and said i didnt look well and did i want her to take me home.

really messes my day up

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information