Thread: 10mg or 20mg for anxiety

Question 10mg or 20mg for anxiety

Well been prescribed Fluoxetine for anxiety started out on 10mg liquid form and did this for about a week then upped to 20 as prescribed by doctor but since being on 20 cant sleep and just keep sweating like mad in bed but cold when out of bed also dont feel good at all..
    Was just wondering if anyone else has had any luck on 10 mg for anxiety or am I better to ride out these horrible side effects really not having a good time of it

Re: 10mg or 20mg for anxiety

20mg is a standard dose so I'd stick with that if you can. I guess it depends how severe n crippling your anxiety is? I've been on 20mgs for nearly 12months and it has worked wonders for my anxiety and I'd got to the point I was very depressed with how anxious I was all the time x x

Cor,
    did you end up taking your dose down? I have been a wreck since I jumped to 20mg and I spoke to my pdoc and she suggested I go back to 10mg for a little while. I'm just so confused if it really is the 20mg that is making me worse, or am I just feeling worse on my own?
    I guess I'll see how the 10 holds up, if not- back to the drawing board
    Hope you're doing ok!

Amanda

I did make the jump to 20 and to be honest didn't feel any side effects til I started on the tablets instead of the liquid and I feel worse no anxiety but a nervousness I didn't have before and sleeping 10-12 hours a night and still feeling tired and have a very low mood not back at the Dr til the 6th but seriously thinking about asking to come off the meds it will be about 6 weeks then .last time I was on flu it started to work in 2 weeks and just got better this time really struggling and I feel worse than before but think he will want to put me on ven which I don't want and starting counselling on the 7th so it's just a waiting game til then sorry can't really help more but I do understand how hellish this can be

Thanks for relying Cor, let me know how the doc ppt goes!

Well Dr wants me to carry on with the 20mg for another 4 weeks as starting my counselling and he didn't want to put me thru the side effects of going up,and effecting my counselling all this after I told him I was having suicidal thoughts and felt lower than a snakes belly no energy and what I can only describe as pure rage one minute to being a blubbing wreck the next these tablets are messing me up he has signed me off for a month but am seriously thinking about using that time to taper off the meds been on them for 6 weeks and feel 100 times worse than before even feel depressed which I didn't before can't be bothered to do anything just well and truly had enough think it's about time someone came up with some meds that made you feel better not worse then better supposedly

Thread Information