Thread: really struggling

Unhappy really struggling

Been on 20mg of Fluoxetine for nearly a week and things are just getting worse can't sleep , when I do I keep waking up soaking in sweat , anxiety is 100 times worse so nervous and on edge mind racing can't relax supposed to be back at work next week but I'm in no fit state everything is just a mess feel like throwing the towel in but can't carry on as I was but can't carry on like this tried to make an appointment at the Dr but they said will have to ring on Monday really don't know what to just in absolute turmoil .Even diazepam not helping .

Re: really struggling

hi hang in there I know exactly how your feeling and it isn't nice at all ! fluoxetine does work once your sstem gets used to it , im speaking from experience here and there was times when I seriously wanted to give up as it made my symptoms worse and I was forever on here searching my symptoms they just didn't stop ,
    but trust me I had panick attacks and major depression and these meds are lifesavers
    you may feel so bad now that u cant see that what im saying can possibly be the same feelings as your getting but trust me they do work just give them time , its normal to feel worse on the meds , its how they get into your system
    hope this helps
    if you need me at any point feel free to get in touch

Re: really struggling

Took about 3 weeks for me to hit the bottom of the starting-pains, and then after that I felt fine by about week 6 or 7.

Stay with it at least for 8 weeks. Remind yourself that there is a reason for this increased anxiety and it is very common, it just takes time for your chemistry to adjust. You can do it.

Thread Information