Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: claire weeks

claire weeks

hi everyone, can you tell me if there are any free claire weeks downloads on the site please x

Re: claire weeks

I will PM you later Kimbo

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I think her Pebble Mill at One appearances in the 80s are on You Tube

I have listened to her on audio mp3. Not bad.

There is a Claire Weekes Facebook page with audio clips

Hey Kimbo,

I´v done a search for you, as I was also interested. Here´s the link; http://www.junior-anxiety-depression....uk/relax.html

There´s 7 files in total. Scroll down the page to see them all!

Best,

Jon
    Please see my blog to read about the techniques which have helped me be able to leave my house, travel to the other side of the world, become a teacher, and speak in front of 50 plus people. http://therightinnervoice.com/

So here we have another coping skill that allows you with a minimum of effort to function.

Not good enough. Been there and didn't like the attitude I needed to not care. It carries over to where it doesn't belong. Acceptance is fine but why should I accept something that doesn't belong when I can remove it instead.

New Techniques and therapy are replacing the panic thoughts so you have nothing you need to accept. And new tools like the fMRI are showing it works.

This has only happened in the last ten years yet has made it onto the internet. You just have to know what to look for.

I'm sorry if I'm insulting Clare Weeks but she is outdated. There is a better way. Ten years just is not enough time though to get it out to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Davit View Post

This has only happened in the last ten years yet has made it onto the internet. You just have to know what to look for.

I'm sorry if I'm insulting Clare Weeks but she is outdated. There is a better way. Ten years just is not enough time though to get it out to the public.
    Well, neuroplasticity was only proved in humans in 1998, after Claire Weekes had already passed away. So, I think things have moved on a bit now as more science has become involved to prove the changes in the brain, what is firing and when, etc.

Some people seem to prefer the acceptance based approach but Weekes did at least offer more than that alone. I would question how useful it is with OCD though as even now some forms of that e.g. Sensorimotor, Somatoform, etc are still largely unknowns.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 17-05-15 at 12:53.

I'm not blaming her, she did well with limited information. Times change. There is more based of fact than trial and error. There are things guaranteed to work because the mind can use them. Attitude does interfere though.

why has Davit been banned ? he was my friend and he helped me so much along with Terri .
    And he is unwell too at the moment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information