Thread: upped my dose :(

upped my dose :(

So as most of you know from previous posts I have been on 10mg, went upto 20mg last week and really starting to feel the side effects, I went into town today and nearly had to leave due to having panic attacks in every shop! Yesterday was that bad I was vomiting and I was trying to get my partner to take me to a&e!! So tired just want to sleep but cant coz my little one. Just need a little rant and a bit of support/reassurance. Supposed to be going to an indoor sky dive tomorrow and abit of Christmas shopping but dont know if I can :( x

Re: upped my dose :(

I have just started on 10 and going up to twenty next weekend , finding it hard to sleep and eat at moment but guess that is all part of the side effects and hope it settles down soon , been the worst 9 months of my life but it's got to get better for us both soon x

Keep your chin up we will get there

Its been rubbish for a few months now! We just have to keep positive I suppose although its hard when you feel like this all the time. I hope you feel better soon. This website is a god send really x

i went through hell on earth when i started cit...i had every possible side effect you could get including suicidal thoughts and i stuck at it for 6weeks now on a upped dose from 20mg to 40mg..... and im so happy i did cause i feel 100% better just keep going

I am aiming for 40 just really hard at moment at got side effects from citalipram and withdrawal side effect from the venaflaxine and mirtazipime . The worst side effect has to be the lack of sleeping as trying to hold down my full time job , starting 20 tomorrow so fingers crossed x

I've been on 20mg from the start & am now in my fifth week, but not sure if it's too early to tell that I need to be on a higher dose.

I had fairly strong disorientation side effects in the first week, then the lesser 'weird taste in my mouth' for a while in the second week, but aside from feeling permanently tired & yawning a lot, all the side effects have pretty much gone.

After five weeks though, I still don't really feel any better. Last week at a few points my depression felt slightly less overwhelming & I was hoping the medication was finally starting to 'kick in', but the last few days have been back to being almost unbearable.

I'm due to see my doctor again early next week, but not sure if he will just prescribe the same again for another month & say it's still too early to tell whether I need a higher dose.

I was so much hoping that I might start feeling a bit better in time for Xmas, but that prospect seem unlikely now & not sure whether an increased dose is the answer or I am just too badly broken.

Thread Information