Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: back pain and pancreatic cancer no response. to posth

back pain and pancreatic cancer no response. to posth

I posted yesterday but no response, feeling very loat.

Re: back pain and pancreatic cancer no response. to posth

Hardly anyone ever responds to my posts either. It is upsetting but I try and tell myself its because perhaps people don't know the answer?

I didn't see your original post, but apparently back pain is the number one cause of missed days off work. That shows how incredibly common this problem is. Pacreatic cancer on the other hand is not common. It probably isn't even in the top one hundred causes of days off work. It's usually muscular, so try not to worry.

Hi there! I've been dealing with horrific back pain for about 2 weeks now. I've conjured up every disease it could be, I missed an entire week of work, I think more because of the anxiety it is causing. It has to be muscular when it only hurts in certain positions. I keep trying to remind myself that to myself. It'll get better, hang in there with me

You can't come on here expecting medical advice because nobody is qualified to give it.

I used to offer reassurance to people based on 'oh I've had this before and it turned out fine'. But once I realised that reassurance seeking just makes you worse in the long run I stopped. You do not need reassurance, it simply does not work in the long term. If you want to get free of HA you need to start altering your mindset and grow a 'what will be will be' attitude to life. It's the only way.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Just bump up the post and it will get seen again.

Sunday is the quietest day on here as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I didnt want Medical advice just wondered if anyone had any similar experience. Surely aome reassurance is what the site is for. I lost my mum in may and am now worried about myself. I hear what you are saying but your tone is very harsh

I'm sorry you're having a bad time of it, austinali. It's always hard to deal with such a major loss.

However, I would say the site is more for help and support than for reassurance, because reassurance tends to be the HA addiction rather than the HA solution. Are there things other than reassurance that you've found to help? Are you doing CBT at all? For many people, even getting away from the computer and doing something physical like a brisk walk or going to the gym can bring some relief--our bodies really don't like sitting around hunched up all the time, and it can be really liberating to break that pattern.

I hope you feel better soon.

Completely agree with Skippy and Althea, I swiftly learned that reassurance is to the HA sufferer what the next hit is to a heroin addict and the only option is cold turkey.

I have had cbt and found it helpful, I'd be worse if it wasnt for that. I did come off medication at the start of the year that was before my mum died. Im just really worried and looking for some kind of support.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

I also run and hold down a job as a teacher plus look after my family so i dont spend my days fretting at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information