Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My experience with zoloft

Re: My experience with zoloft

Good luck to you. Enjoyed reading your thread, found it inspiring how you have remained so upbeat throughout. I've done a week on 50mg and 2 weeks 4 days on 100mg. The start up anxiety and insomnia was horrific and I thought of giving up most days. Things are starting to settle down now I am approaching week 4. This forum has been my lifeline.

Starting slowly definately seems to be the way to go. I do think you should try to hit the min therapeutic dose of 50mg this time. Hopefully then you will see more long term benefits.

Hi Tommo, yes starting at 50mg is tough, you are at 4 weeks so you should get much better very soon.

I think for me the maintainance dose is 25mg and I was doing very well on that dosage. At 50mg I had durable side effects (lost libido and weight gain) that I did not have at 25mg so if it works for me again I will try to stay at 25mg. If I am not mistaken the best dosage is the lowest one working for each individual. I was on 50 and even 75mg the time before but that did not prevent a relapse.

Thanks for documenting your journey Helena - very helpful.

I am at 4 weeks on 50MG and getting to sleep and having a good night's sleep is horrendous at the moment (was fine before the med). Does this get any better?

Hi Cee, yes it definitely gets better, for me the turning point is 5-6 weeks where everything settles, you are at 4 weeks so you should be seing the light at the end of the tunnel soon ! Did you ask your doc for some sleeping pills to help you go through the early stages ?

Just to second what Helena said, I've now hit 4 weeks (3 on 100mg) and the insomnia is starting to abate. I was waking every hour for the first few weeks, tossing and turning all night and then up at 4am. Ironically I couldn't keep my eyes open past 10pm so it made for a long night.

The last few nights I have stayed up until 11pm, woke up once during the night for a short period then slept until 5am, comfortably dosing for an hour or so after that before getting up to meditate.

Tommo x

Back on sert. Day 10 (5 days at 6.25mg and 5 days at 12.5mg).
    Tough, really tough, the hightened anxiety is so bad, ears buzzing, slight GI issues, early awakening (5.30 am). Just have to survive the first 5 weeks. Tomorrow increasing to 18.75mg

Day 12 (5 days at 6.25mg, 5 days at 12.5 and 2 days at 18.75)
    Today a bit less anxiety but very low mood and so tired. Insomnia started 2 nights ago, I wake up at 3am and take a xanax 0.5 to sleep another 3 hours. Overall since I started I sleep 5-6 hours which is far too little for me. Also I have no appetite so feeling weak.
    I had better days , been there before it worked so I have to stay positive, not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo1980 View Post
    Just to second what Helena said, I've now hit 4 weeks (3 on 100mg) and the insomnia is starting to abate. I was waking every hour for the first few weeks, tossing and turning all night and then up at 4am. Ironically I couldn't keep my eyes open past 10pm so it made for a long night.

The last few nights I have stayed up until 11pm, woke up once during the night for a short period then slept until 5am, comfortably dosing for an hour or so after that before getting up to meditate.

Tommo x
    I've got the same problem. By 10pm I get very sleepy. I can usually fight it until around 11pm and then I'll doze off. But I am always awake early. Yesterday I managed to wake early and fall back asleep until 9am. Today it was 6.44. Day before it was 5 :( But once I'm awake I usually feel wide awake and irritable so I have to exercise in order to stop the irritability.

Combined with the no appetite it's really beginning to take its toll. I'm going to treat myself to a big greasy dominos tonight and see if I can get a few slices down me to load up on calories.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

I'm also feeling dizzy today. It seems to happen if I lie down, or tilt my head. Vertigo.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Same for me, as soon as I am awaked in the morning I need to get up otherwise the anxiety and adrenalin start building up. I have been for walks at 6am for the past 2 weeks which is nice though I would have prefered to be in bed sleeping. Walking slower and slower day after day do due to not eating enough !
    Good week-end to all of you !

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information