Hello all. Thank you for many of your kind words in a post I previously made. You all seem so caring and such decent people, and I thank you for your care and heartfelt replies. But wow, you're suggestion that I should see a docter seems a little more easier to throw around than I would like. The fact is I can't communicate with people on a human level simply just like that. If I thought I could solve my problems by seing a doctor or counsellor by expressing myself openly then I would have done so by now. The simple truth is...I can't look another human being in the eye and say "There's something wrong with me!" Here's the thing, I'm not going through a stage, and I haven't got myself into a rut. This Is Who I Am. I've always been like this.

I love my family. I love my mum, my dad and my brother. We see each other and talk all the time. But we never actually talk about anything that really matters. We all love each other, but it's never ever expressed because I come from a family where it seems that things are better left unsaid. My mum tried to commit suicide two years ago. As soon as she was out of hospital I was by her side to cuddle her and do anything for her, but when it came to addressing the problem, we just couldn't talk about it. It's all left unsaid. And I feel so torn, because I feel I have so much to say, but I simply can't look another person in the eye and say it.

It's easy to say bite the bullet and go see the doctor, but when you've been built from birth to internalise everything, it's easier said than done. I've read many of your posts and I admire you all. It seems to me that sometimes a weakness of the human condition can bring out the very best in people, and it would seem you are all evidence of that.

David