Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: depersonalization

When the therapist explained to me what CBT was.
    I said "ah so its buddhism really"
    With me being one..I saw the similarity.
    Buddha was way ahead of his time.
    [Wow!]

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. Well, after reading around a lot, a couple of things have really started making a difference to me...
    * Really trying to focus on the present, I know it sounds silly, like it's too stupid to work, but try to relax and focus on what is around you right now, and not the anxieties you may be feeling.
    * Being mindful of others. I always felt like a good person, but looking back a lot of the thoughts I had about people were very negative, and not with any real substance. When I begin to treat them with real respect and empathy, I realise they are doing the same to me at least at a basic level.
    * Talk to people with this is mind, I have become more and more chatty and outgoing in one day and feel much better for it.
    * If you get too buzzy, like I am now, remember to relax!!
    I know this isn't over, not by a long shot. I am learning to appreciate though, that no matter how much you accept your anxiety, you really have to want to enjoy life to come to terms with it. This means accepting that you may lose things you cling onto, which is scary but important nonetheless, because it helps you focus on the present. I never thought I could crack so many jokes in one day, and it's mainly because I'm starting to concentrate on what's going on around me and the feelings of others, so I can actually keep up with conversations for once!!
    I know it's hard, I know it feels impossible, but please try. You wont miss out on anything by trying, and it may get the ball rolling for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information