Thread: What are your coping techniques?

What are your coping techniques?

I'm trying to look for more coping techniques to deal with my panic attacks.
    So far, I try getting fresh air (preferable going out for a walk, but an open window can help too, even having the fan on does help), use Bach Recue Remedy drops, I take Vitamin B complex, I try to breathe, to get my mind off it by doing something different (watching tv, going online, chatting with friends about something different, the good thing about that is that they don't see me, and can't tell from my typing that I'm having an attack as the typing does not look any different. ) and I use EFT.

What is it you do to get through those attacks? What works for you?

What do you do if you are out shopping or something when you have a panic attack?

I haven't had that pleasure yet.
    All joking aside: I think I'd go 'out' as soon as possible, or try to make it look like I was fine while in the shop, and then to try and get some fresh air..? I don't know....?

If I am somewhere outside my safe zone, I tell myself that I can leave if I really need to. I am not trapped, just wait a little longer. Remembering that I can go, everyone needs a little space sometimes. Just knowing that I can go for some "fresh air" helps me. Before this I always felt trapped which made the panic more likely to increase, now I feel more in control.

If I'm in the car I chat to my hubby (he's used to this now!), or I put on some music and sing along when there's no-one to hear my terrible singing. Its hard at first, but if you stick with it, it does get easier as you have to breathe properly to sing![8D]

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Hi Eveline,

I got my self a little MP3 player, i think its the best thing i have bought, it as helped me so much,i never go anywhere without it, its always in my bag, my daughter as downloaded all my favorite songs on it from the pc, then when im out if i feel as if my thoughts are straying i just start to listen to it, its great when im in the car too.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

My coping techniques are detailed here..

How to cope with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

We are all here for you hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information