Thread: The Master of the craft

The Master of the craft

Hold on!

Take a moment. Anxiety is horrible in all it's forms but what is it's potential? Well it's potential is far greater than anything you could imagine. The key is allowing yourself to imagine it. What anxiety is giving you are some of the most valuable tools life can provide you to deal with things you will no doubt have to deal with moving forward. I know some people are at the stage whereby they feel 'off key' at deaths door yet 99.9% healthy in reality. But imagine yourself in control of this. You still get the overwhelming feelings yet you recognise them, you know the best way to deal with them and more importantly you know what they are.

We all know that old guy, you know him 80-odd years old, smiling, telling jokes. His wife past away or sadly outlived one of his children. He's got you thinking about how he manages to be that guy with that amazing attitude to life despite he is in his twilight years and lost so much. Well if he told you his journey it is no doubt filled with sadness and struggle and all the recognisable feelings that you might be going through at the moment. The truth is he is a master of his craft. He has obtained the tools required to keep on top and it is these tools he uses every day to be the man you see before you. Tools that he has had to learn, that you are learning now, to cope with this amazing roller coaster called life. The potential is that these tools can allow you to smile and be happy with the journey when you are closing the door on it.

We are all guilty of saying "I wish I could be my old self, the old me". Well I think it would be better to stop looking and let your old self come looking for you instead. I believe it will find you when you least expect it. It is true that not all people understand how to use the tools, lets be fair they do not come with any manuals after all but the very fact you are reading this means you are at least researching and investigating the best way you can apply them to your life. Don't try to extinguish them ask your 80-odd year old friend/neighbour he will advise that you will need them.

Remember Anxiety is a feeling or a group of feelings, like dropping a hammer on your toe you know why your toe is in pain because you have the tools to understand it and accept it. The pain doesn't instantly go away but you don't dwell on it either. Anxiety is more complex set of feelings so you need the more complex tools but when you understand them you can accept them too.

Remember just because I write this doesn't mean I am a master of the craft. But I know that it is this that I am aiming for.

Imagine!

Re: The Master of the craft

Excellent post.

Re: The Master of the craft

Nice! Interesting perspective for sure.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information