Thread: Exercise - Help!

Exercise - Help!

Hey! Well I've decided to start exercising in hope to help with my anxiety as I'm starting to get very depressed. I've read that exercise helps the mind. I have major health anxiety, mainly worry about my heart. I had an ECG a few months ago which came back clear. So tonight I went for a mile long run. Wow am I unfit! But I'm determined to keep going. But now I'm home lying on my bed I'm getting chest pains in only one area. Under my left pec. I'm not anxious as such but a little worried if the running had anything to do with it?

I'm a 19 year old male. Ex smoker and drinker. About 13 stone, a little over weight not really noticeable.

Any help please!

Re: Exercise - Help!

If this is your first time exercising in a while them you will have lots of pains :-)

Pains are normal. Chest pains like that sound muscular.
    You need to take it slow. Don't go all gung ho. I run a lot.. but when I haven't been for awhile, I always mix walking and jogging. I will walk for 3min, jog for 7min, 3min walk, and so on.. As I build up, I can now go 25min without resting. But that took 2 months or so.

There is NO way I could do a mile run, and I'm pretty sure I would pass out if I even tried. I'm just not fit enough. Pain afterwards will just be because you're bloody knackered. Well done you!!!

First off Congrats for taking the initiative and exercising! Good for you.

As is was stated, gotta start slow. Take it easy and build up to it. Walk for a bit, then do some jogging along with it etc.

Keep up the good work and again, congrats on taking a step to take back your life!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information