Thread: clonidine 55bpm!?!?! scared!!!

clonidine 55bpm!?!?! scared!!!

So I'm here in bed right? I'm laying down and I feel pain in my chest (but I'm pretty sure that's from gerd). I have a pulse checker on my smartphone, its very accurate. Its 55... is this bad??? I take 0.1 mg of clonidine at night, prescribed by my phyciatrist, with 20 mg of citlopram during the day... I've heard anything below 60 BPM is dangerous. I feel very dizzy... more than usual...

Re: clonidine 55bpm!?!?! scared!!!

55 is a very normal HR, and certainly nothing to panic about , particularly if you're laying down resting. <60bpm isn't a 'danger zone' its just a bit lower than average. Personally, my normal resting HR is 40-45bpm.

If it's worrying you try taking a DEEP breath and holding it for a few seconds, then letting it go slowly - that brings your HR up, or you can do 10 star jumps, etc.. but it's really nothing to worry about.

The dizziness could be anything - the medication, the way you're laying, laying down too fast, holding your breath to take your HR, etc... it really could be anything!

I can only go by my experience but my own resting heart rate is around the same - 60 or just under. I've always thought that was fine and that it just meant I was relaxed.

If you're feeling dizzy, it's likely that it's because you're worrying about it. Did you feel dizzy before or after you measured your pulse? Best to avoid measuring as it only gives you something to worry about.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My RHR since I started exercising is about 55 - 58. Right now I've eaten a load of chocolate and am anxious because it's coming up to bedtime and it's about 70 which I can notice.

I'm not worried about my heart rate. I worried when my RHR was 80+.
    Last edited by teej; 18-12-13 at 21:22. Reason: wording

Thread Information