Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I keep feeling as if I'm seriously ill

Why do I keep feeling as if I'm seriously ill

Lump in throat by Adams apple acid most days i feel out of control totally chest and stomach feels like pins being stuck in me back pain too I'm on a downer today I also have soft stools too I know i hate being me sometimes I always think the worst and think all day long it never lets up thanks Any help please thank you

Re: Why do I keep feeling as if I'm seriously ill

Gaz, this is health anxiety - it makes us think that we have a more serious problem than we actually do. And all the stress from worrying takes a big toll on our bodies so we can feel sick a lot and have problems with our digestive system as you've mentioned.

Have you gotten any help with your anxiety problem? Or have you talk to your doctor about how bad you're feeling?

Hi I've been too the doctors they gave me propanolol but I'm scared too take it I think I'm going too have aheart attack and get the pains in chest like pins

Have you considered CBT or any other methods of dealing with the anxiety along with the meds the doc gave you?

What is cbt I just want these feelings too go away it's making my life awful

CBT is short for cognitive behavioural therapy, it's a highly recommended type of treatment for anxiety problems. It will help you look at how you think and learn to deal with the irrational thoughts. It's extremely beneficial to anxiety sufferers, it's a shame your doctor didn't tell you about it. You can google for therapists in your area to get some help.

With anxiety problems it usually doesn't go away by itself, we have to look at our minds and our lifestyles to see how we can make ourselves feel better and take control of how we are thinking.

CBT is a really good start. Learning meditation or other relaxation methods and practicing them daily would also really help you.

Thank you I will look into it anything too get me back on track and out of this hellhole I'm in feeling ill all day isn't a good thing it's dragging me down

I can imagine it's tough to keep going when you feel so bad all the time, I've been there myself.

Go to google and look for stress management or anxiety management techniques. Learn as much as you can about dealing with anxiety and start putting it into practice. If anything it should help you feel a little better physically if you can reduce some of the mental stress.

To start with take small steps, no need for a massive change in your lifestyle.

These things will all help:

- CBT or psychotherapy
    - exercise a few days a week
    - daily relaxation method like meditatin
    - balanced diet, don't skip meals
    - avoid stimulants like caffeine and excess sugar
    - distracting yourself with hobbies and things you like to do
    - raising your mood in whatever ways you can, make yourself happy

I try too eat regular meals but I also have the problem with swallowing at one point it took me 1 hr too eat a basic meal I seem too stop myself and jump back and lift my shoulder with the tension that's in there incase I choke it's awful at times

If you go for CBT they may also be able to help you with this issue, make sure to talk to your therapist about it. Just eat what you can when you can, and if you're really struggling then talk to your doctor. Eating regularly is extremely important in keeping your mental state balanced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information