Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atarax / Hydroxyzine / Vistaril

Re: Atarax / Hydroxyzine / Vistaril

Citalopram was ultra-sedating for me, even at 5mg. It destroyed my OCD intrusive thoughts, but at the expense of cogntive dysfunction and low libido.

I'm currently on fluvoxamine which doesn't appear to be affecting my libido too badly. I'm still not sure about this medication however - while it has improved my OCD, I feel a bit restless still. Only been on it for just over 5 weeks though so hopefully it should settle down in a week or two.

Yeah - I've not taken Vistaril since before Christmas now. Next time I want some crazy nightmares I might take 75mg.

Shame about the diazepam too. I just never got prescribed enough to actually find what dose worked for me because of this addiction fear. Having taken chlordiapoxide now and valium I found neither of them gave me any kind of euphoria or noticeable sense of well being! Just an ability to function in the worst anxiety or SSRI start up effects.

I think to be honest I'm more addicted to the citalopram in the hope that long term it'll let me experience the happiness of life again.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emphyrio View Post
    Citalopram was ultra-sedating for me, even at 5mg. It destroyed my OCD intrusive thoughts, but at the expense of cogntive dysfunction and low libido.
    Wow... 5mg! I don't think at any point I've felt any sedation from it but it's certainly silenced the chatterbox when it's chosen to work for me but other times I've certainly just been running whatever end-of-the-world theme in my head over and over again. Just the wretched side-effects from it are punishing and they keep coming back.

Hi I was prescribed atarax also to help me sleep, I have to take one 25mg at 7pm, I took it at 8pm last night (oops) and was still up til 12:50am, have been very drowsy today, and a tad anxious x

Quote Originally Posted by clare_201086 View Post
    Hi I was prescribed atarax also to help me sleep, I have to take one 25mg at 7pm, I took it at 8pm last night (oops) and was still up til 12:50am, have been very drowsy today, and a tad anxious x
    Interesting! How long have you been taking it for? Have you found you've have nightmares with using it at all?

I found the sedating effect wore off after a bit so I had to take more.

Was my first dose last night! I am only meant to take one at night! Didn't have any bad dreams! I posted today about it but no one much help. X

I just found your other thread!

I was prescribed it after I suggested it to my Doctor for anxiety. I got 25mg tablets but the doctor didn't have any experience in using it for anxiety or sleep. So didn't really have much guidance. The internet suggested a wide variety of possible doses too.

To be honest it didn't do a huge amount for me except for either knocking me out or nothing and the sedating effects seemed to drop off after a while.

The doc upped the dose but I ended up with super crazy nightmares so I gave up on it.

I've still got it though so might give it another try next time I'm struggling to sleep maybe it'll start working after a break from it!

It is rather good at stopping my allergies though. Keep it up though. Let us know how it works for you, I'll be interested.

I have also got 25mg green tablets, in the leaflets it says 50-100mg for anxiety! I will keep posted,

Problem I found at the higher dose was I couldn't function at all - it just made me want to sleep or did nothing except make me feel odd. The predictability of the action of the drug on me just wasn't there. But then I do suffer this the fact that I'm hideously tolerant to benzo drugs despite having taken them in serious doses for only a week in my life.

When they're suggesting 3 x 100mg a day... well. Dread to think how I would feel.

Might try taking it again tonight though. I haven't been sleeping so well recently.

me either, as i find the sertkeeps me up, will have another dose tonight x

Same with me and the citalopram. Yet another dreaded side effect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information