Thread: Health anxiety AWFUL tonight

Health anxiety AWFUL tonight

So tonight after a few big panic attacks in the last few days is causing me major trouble. I have a tight weird chest and breathing feels laboured currently shaking cause im so panicky. I also have a stuffy nose and REALLY bad mucus in my throat making it feel even harder to breath and hard to swallow sometimes. a few times mucus has got stuck in my throat which terrifies me im going to choke. Im hugnry but scared to eat in case make mucus worse. I also feel dizzy and weird like this is all a nightmare. I just dont know what to do

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

i also have strange sensations in my nose and my head feels weird i think im dizzy. I feel detatched from the world like all I can focus on is my anxiety

Re: Health anxiety AWFUL tonight

Hi Becky,

At least, based on the title of your thread, you recognize the reason behind your symptoms.

Try practicing some CBT techniques. Check out this link: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140300

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyBop View Post
    So tonight after a few big panic attacks in the last few days is causing me major trouble. I have a tight weird chest and breathing feels laboured currently shaking cause im so panicky. I also have a stuffy nose and REALLY bad mucus in my throat making it feel even harder to breath and hard to swallow sometimes. a few times mucus has got stuck in my throat which terrifies me im going to choke. Im hugnry but scared to eat in case make mucus worse. I also feel dizzy and weird like this is all a nightmare. I just dont know what to do

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

i also have strange sensations in my nose and my head feels weird i think im dizzy. I feel detatched from the world like all I can focus on is my anxiety
    Hi Becky

Sorry you're feeling this way the last few days and especially tonight. Part of you recognizes that it's health anxiety because of the title of the thread but the irrational part takes over, doesn't it? And we think all kinds of nasty horrible things. The breathing goes, the heart races and we wait for something bad to happen but it never does because it is all anxiety and not physical. Most days I feel the same as you apart from the dizziness. Do you think the run up to Christmas is making you worse? The stress of the Christmas holiday usually causes more anxiety.

Sorry I can't be of more help. You will be fine.

Els
    x

Strangely enough I think its the fact im on holiday. when at college im distracted even though college cause me anxiety sometimes i worry that when im at home i will be constantly focused on anxiety its weird

You need to learn some tools to help you stop the panic attacks Becky, the link that Fishmanpa gave you is very good for learning how to tackle anxiety, give it a try.

Thread Information