Thread: MAD HORRIBLE DREAMS!! HELP!!!!

MAD HORRIBLE DREAMS!! HELP!!!!

Hi everybody,

Ive woken up in a right mess this morning...
    Yesterday had a really good day,was feeling quite positive and went to bed at around 2 am,which is quite normal for me but every so often,maybe about 1 week in the month i have these horrible vivid nightmares which wake me up and i had one last night.....:(

I woke up at 3.40 am panicking as if i had to run away from something for dear life,as you can imagine i then started panicking after i woke and sat up in bed really startled.The anxiety then kicked in and i was freaking out.I put the telly on and it took me ages to calm down and drop back off to sleep.My husband said when he got up for work this morning i was asleep sat up with the telly still on.Anyway,when i finally got up around 8.30 i felt terrible and straight away started thinking about me freaking out in the middle of the night and now i feel crap again.Im so fed up:(:(

Are these dreams because of the anxiety..?

Any advice would be much appreciated,i feel down again....Candie xxxx

Hello Candie!

I know how awful this can be - occupational hazzard for me of having an overactive imagination!!

When it happends to me I find that actually getting out of bed helps. Sort of like removing you from the situation. I tell myself I have been dreaming and the dreams (even if I can't remember details) can't hurt me. Then i either pick up a book, watch tv ( no news, horror or gory stuff tho!) or do a simple task like make a cup of hernbal tea. All the time I'll be telling myself over and over again that this won't last, that I'm not afraid (even tho I am !) and I'll be ok soon.

Sometimes it works quite quickly, other times it takes considerably longer.

Hope this helps.
    lotsa luv

GG

xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Hi Candie,

"Are these dreams because of the anxiety..?".....short answer....I would say yes!!

I have had many difficult dreams that almost feel real and link directly to where I am or what I've experienced......I've also had loads more that are fine...but I never remember them. (I'm not saying about the final dream category in here!!)

What you describe I can directly relate to, and yes it does affect the next day.

I can't give a solution as like you they tend to happen when you least expect them, but as Groovy has said....they are dreams...try to leave them where they are.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Hi Candie,I have dreams like this,sometimes the following day they pray on my mind all day.I just tell myself at the end of the day they are just dreams!!!!!

Ellen XX

I have weird dreams.
    In fact the other day I had such a strange one,that even experts were baffled.
    [Ugh]

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Love & light to you x

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies,theyre all very helpful,it means a lot...Im feeling a little better now,i was worse this morning when it was still fresh in my mind.

Nigel,WOW you do know your stuff,it was interesting to read what happens when we dream,it makes a lot of sense!!!

Take care and keepo smiling...Candie xxx

Candie - I get this too and its soo diffucult to make any sense of it. I'm sorry i cant offer any advice but nigels advice has helped, as it makes alot of sense the way he's explained it.
    so thanks nigel!

I hope it gets better for you soon candie!

Michelle
    x

I absolutely agree with what Nigel says, that makes a lot of sense.
    I used to have these dreams too and they would haunt me for days.
    What I found out, though, was that if I wrote down the dream right after I woke up, I didn't feel quite so scared.

I would write down all I could remember, the sounds, the images, the conversation, the characters, what they looked like, my mood, just everything. After I did that, the dream was more at a distance and I would be able to go back to sleep.

When I have nightmares now, it's enough for me just to go over the dream in my head, I don't have to write them down anymore.

And I might add that this works on my children too. When they come to my bedroom after having a bad dream, I ask them to tell me everything the can about the dream and they calm down and can go back to sleep.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

Hi

I had very vivid horrible dreams too, are you on antidepressants?

Some times its a side effect of them, I reduced my dose and I still dream but they're not as vivid, they dont stay with me all day.

I would mention it to your doctor, i feel so much better now.

Hope this helps

Love Carolyn x

Hi carolyn,

no i'm not on any meds at the moment so it cant be that thats causing my nightmares,i just think its the anxiety.ive been having a crap time over the last few days so its like nigel says your emotions and dreams are strongly connected.

Although i haent been dreaming the last two nights since i wrote that post,my anxiety and pa's are at an all time high:(

Take care everybody and thanx again for your replies,Candie xxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information