Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :( I hate this

Unhappy :( I hate this

I've had enough of this panic and anxiety. I couldn't make it round Sainsburys without getting bad chest pains, nausea and feeling like I'm going to pass out and die at any point. I couldn't even look around without feeling like I was in some sort of dream world and I'm going to lose control.

I've got chest pains now and feel sick. All I want to do is stay in bed and sleep so that this doesn't happen. :(

Re: :( I hate this

I think Supermarkets are one of the biggest nightmares for anxiety sufferers and this is not a good time of year for exposure therapy. I am fine with them now but it took time for me to be able to do this and many times running out in tears. Try to build up gradually and go when it is quiet and just for a couple of item.

Oh Loubelle, the amount of times Ive felt like this, I really have. Im going through it at the moment all over again after being free from it for over 5 years :(

If I was in a queue and started feeling a bit giddy I used to visualise myself standing at home (maybe washing up or ironing) and think 'well if I was at home standing still like this I wouldn't be feeling faint so why should I now?' Sometimes...just sometimes...it helped a little.Sometimes no effect whatsoever as we all know lol.

Don't beat yourself up over it.Have another go next time and keep going till you get where you want to be x

I'm still not a big fan of shopping in supermarkets. I remember once that I was walking down a quite isle with my 13 year old daughter when suddenly as if I was on some kind of drug the isle I was in seemed to stretch really wide.. I let go of the trolley and said "were going" I was out of there like shot. I really kicked myself because I try very hard not to let my kids see that I have this especially at that age. I'm not ashamed at all but wouldn't want them being scared or worried. Please make sure you go again and again and again until you can at least face it... Like I said I don't think i will ever really be fond of it

And then you get those people who are happy to spend hours in there, standing in the middles of aisles etc without a thought they could be in the way/people might like to pass by - sometimes I feel a little envious of people like that who seemingly don't have a care or a forethought in the world!

Sounds just like me i start off ok then i worry more and more round the shop like im going to faint. i get a wave of dizzy ness and my head feels like a washer with thoughts im getting better by forcing myself to stay there. the funny thing is ive never fainted its horrible xx

I have to go back to Sainsburys tomorrow mornin. I'm getting up early at about 7:30 to get it over and done with. I tend to find my anxiety and panic is much better first thing in the morning. Does anyone else have that?

I tend to be OK until I get a chest pain or a bit dizzy and then I instantly think that I could die that second and it makes it worse and I just want to run home where I feel 'safe' or at least safe enough that an ambulance can get to me quickly. It's so irrational but the physical symptoms feel so real that for that moment I am convinced I'm going to die. I rarely have a full blown panic attack but I do start to panic!

I don't really worry about dying as such while im in there, my worst fear is that I will faint while going round and look silly in front of other people.

Anyway youre going nice and early so wont be too busy for you hopefully. You can tackle it when you've enjoyed Christmas x

Hi Loubelle

I feel exactly like this in supermarkets and shopping centres. I get very lite headed and don't feel real. The more I go to the back of the shop, the more light headed and unreal I feel. It scares me everytime. but I wont leave the shop, I normally move towards the front until I calm down abit and then I carry on.

I use to leave my basket down and walk out, but I was worried doing that all the time and I would never be able to conquer my fear.

I also feel the same in the fact the physical symptoms are so bad I think im going to die.

Good luck for tomorrow, your going nice and early so you should be fine

mandie x

Im the same the further back I go in a shop mandie - isn't it horrible how our minds can do this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information