Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Mertazipan

Re: New to Mertazipan

I agree with Mr Andy, you need to give it more time Phil.

Don't read too much about withdrawal horror stories, as everyone is different. Mirtazapine is one of those meds that needs to build up in your system,so you would be best to wait and see for a few more weeks.

Also, you could always try to add on pregabalin in a few weeks if you need a boost. Like a previous post says,they go well together,so it is worth considering.

I know how you feel though. I too need my meds to work,and it sometimes feels like not much is improving. I have always been impatient, and my anxiety runs riot when I think how much better I have felt in the past.

Don't give up yet Phil,lets keep fighting this together.

Loreen x

Thanks Loreen,
    I spoke with the doc yesterday and she wants me to give it more time. She has also said that I should not worry apbout taking a Valium when I need to. I don't like to take them very often but I have this morning as things got a bit intense again.
    I just seem to decide that I can accept things and stay calm in the evenings when things are in perspective.... Then I wake in the morning and the dread feeling sweeps over me and I get drawn into believing I can't do things and that I am going to let people down. I know this is all wrong thinking but it is a powerful feeling which reinforces the thoughts.
    It's nice to think we can get through these things supporting each other.
    Phil

Just an update....
    4th week
    This morning it was almost tooooo much to get up. Really felt like getting back to sleep.
    I did get up and went to the gym...and although it felt like I wanted to lie down and sleep, the work out woke me up and got the day going.
    There are definite signs that my mind, which wants to ruminate and work things out is becoming a little less determined to do so and it's been an ok day so far.
    I don't want to speak too soon, but I hope this is a good sign.
    Phil

Keep going Phil,it will eventually work out for you

Good to hear Phil x

Hi Phil,

The early morning dread can be powerful, but it's good that you recognize that it's wrong thinking and the illness that is causing it. Many posters to NMP are at their worst in the early morning, so you are not alone.

Is there anything you can do? It's simple, but a cup of tea and a hot shower lifts my mood. Is there anything which works for you?

Good luck!

The difficulty I have, and this is the case this morning, is that when the morning anxiety comes I have some damaging thoughts, which drag me down.
    I have GAD so I have a bad habit of finding a problem to get worried about even if there isn't one. I was anxious prior to Xmas about social events, about a weekend away etc etc. I was convinced that once I had got through these, which I did, that I could at last concentrate on getting better.
    Now, I seem to have come to the conclusion that my retirement is a major problem. When I was at work, I couldn't wait to finish... And all the work stresses would be gone.
    When I rise this morning I try and accept the anxiety, but sit and try and read the paper etc but feel anxious and agitated. I don't have to do anything today, and although many would envy my position, my mind panics about this situation. No distractions that seem to work.
    If I am not careful I sit and ruminate. Then I get down.
    I know I don't want to get back into the rat race. I have offered to do some volunteer work but am anxious about this. It all feels like a trap that I have created in my mind, but feels so real.
    I do get flashes of realisation that this is all part of the anxious mind, but it is so hard as it seems like reality.
    And the most difficult thing is to remember that yesterday evening none of this rubbish mattered.
    I just don't seem to be able to reassure myself that this feeling will pass. The urge to try and think it through, which is a waste of time, is huge, and emotions start to get intense.
    So, I do as the doc suggested, take the edge off with some Valium. Now I feel like I'm in some kind of dopey dream.... Not nice.
    Phil

Yes Phil, the thinking thing is a problem for me too.

I am at the stage where I am venturing back to work, but so far it is on a casual basis. Knowing I have to be somewhere at a set time regardless of my state of mind, is just too much for me. Could you do some volunteering on a casual basis? Then you know you are in control,and you do not have to worry about that "rat Race " feeling .

I go over and over things that I have said to people,worrying it has been said wrong,or taken the wrong way. I worry about things other people don't even think about. I know it is irrational but my mind takes over.

My morning is set by the school run, so maybe I am lucky to have that distraction.

Loreen x

I think youve got the answer Phil and its all about how you pass your time of day.Do you have a local Mind office you can drop into ?.

Hi,
    I thought I would join the "fight" too
    I'm on day 2 of 15mg, straight from 10mg of prozac which I believe this 3rd attempt was going to be the death of me.
    I am trying to stay hopeful and that this will do the trick. I am a bit wobbly and I am not sure if its the new meds or the fact I've been hiding in bed for a week. For what ever reason, my mind actually wants to do something, but I feel so weak and off balance that its hard to actually do anything.
    I've been given 4 weeks off from work.
    please keep me updated, I am trying to not be so afraid of such a tiny little pill

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information