Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp high even after paracetomol

Temp high even after paracetomol

I have either the flu or tonsiltus and I'm on paracetomol every 4 hours however my temp is constantly on 38 even tho I'm on pain killers should I be worried? I only have paracetmol in the house :( the fever is also making me ache any tips to stop this I'm so upset it's happening over Christmas :( xx

Re: Temp high even after paracetomol

:( Not great timing, huh?

Could anyone pick up some ibruprofen for you? Even if the shops nearby are shut, most petrol stations sell them. You can take them at the same time as paracetamol, or stagger them so you're taking one or the other every 2 hours. I hope the temp breaks soon and you start to perk up in time to enjoy Xmas.

If it feels like flu or your throat is very sore, then I wouldn't worry.. you're probably right about the cause, but if you have this temp with no obvious symptoms, I'd probably give the out of hours service a call.

I have this as well, feels like Im swallowing razor blades. Im gargling with soluble paracetomol (what the pharmacist told me to do). I dont think 38 is really high is it? Hope you feel better tomorrow.

had

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    I dont think 38 is really high is it?
    While it's not terribly high, it's an indication your body is definitely fighting something off and high enough to make you feel lousy :(

Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I hope what I said didnt come across in the wrong way. I wasnt suggesting for one minute that you wont feel ill with a temp of 38, what I meant was I dont think its high enough to cause concern. Hopefully the tablets will start to lower it soon.

had

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    I hope what I said didnt come across in the wrong way. I wasnt suggesting for one minute that you wont feel ill with a temp of 38, what I meant was I dont think its high enough to cause concern. Hopefully the tablets will start to lower it soon.

had
    Not at all Had..... and you're right. Not to be terribly concerned about. OTC fever reducers should help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Thank you all xx well my paracetamol dose has run out and my temps gone up to 39.7
    Other half is having getting me ibrupohen now I'm so scared :(

Xxx

Maybe you could phone 111 for some advice. Hope you feel better soon.

had

The paracetmol took down my temp to 38 again as you say that's not too high xx

Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    The paracetmol took down my temp to 38 again as you say that's not too high xx
    Good ... drink plenty of water, a cool wash cloth on your forehead (feels good) and get rest... feel better soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information