Thread: New skin cancer worry

New skin cancer worry

Over the last week or so i have managed to work myself up into a worry on skin cancer. I have a pin shiny, slightly raised lump on the shin that has been there over a year. I have one similar, but smaller, that has appeared in the last two months on the knee above it. Also a third one, but much smaller on my thigh, same leg.

I already see a dermatologist for another skin condition, so my next appointment is 2nd Jan and i'll get it check out then. But the whole thing has me in a panic, i have a small blotchy rash on my cheek jaw line and my body is always itchy from the cold weather resulting in redness.

Not looking forward to the 8 day wait of worrying to see the doctor

Re: New skin cancer worry

Well, they can't be connected. I mean, skin cancer wouldn't jump to two different places.

So I would think that alone is a positive sign. Also I believe that skin cancer that is pink is very easy treatable, it's the dark melanoma people need to act quickly with. I don't think for ONE MINUTE it is cancer btw. Not at all.

I have this thing on my leg.. VERY raised, dark brown, Asymmetrical and not nice looking. GP thinks it's deep scar tissue under my skin. I have no idea how that would have happened but it's been there years now. The moral of my story? not everything has to be cancer. We get weird stuff on our bodies all the time and as long as it doesn't start bleeding or growing I wouldn't be too concerned. My sister has loads of pink raised marks on her legs and she has never seen anyone about them, but 10 years on she is still alive with her weird pink skin marks.

I know how hard it is to wait, I am waiting for a few weeks to see someone about a mouth sore I have had for ages. Maybe see if you can get into your GP easier just for some reassurance? They could simply be scars from every day knocks so pop in if you can for peace of mind.

Try to enjoy xmas if you are celebrating.

Re: New skin cancer worry

I had lots of scares about skin cancer and had several moles that were considered abnormal. Had 6 moles removed and all of them were completely innocent although every time I was convinced it was cancer.

Please relax, from your description I am sure you are absolutely fine. Everyone has moles and skin marks but skin cancer is such a rare thing. Stop thinking about it and enjoy holidays

Thread Information