Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Merry Christmas Indeed :)

A Merry Christmas Indeed :)

Merry Christmas Folks!

I wanted to share some happy and good news.

Many of you know I don't suffer from anxiety. I came here to learn more about it, specifically HA as I know people who suffer from it and encounter many on the cancer forums I frequent. Having had heart issues and cancer, I stuck around to offer encouragement and support. Heart problems and cancer are two of the biggies that many here worry about and if I can reassure you by sharing my story and info then it's a positive thing.

My girlfriend was with me when I had my second heart attack a year ago October and then the day before Thanksgiving 2012, I was diagnosed with stage IV head and neck cancer. She was with me through probably the worst time in my life and supported and took care of me. Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to do it without her as I was severely ill. There was a period of time where I was fed through a PEG tube and she was right there helping me feed myself as well as caring for my every need. Being a caretaker is as difficult or more so than being the patient. For her to see me go through such a horrible illness had to be awful for her. I wasn't the greatest person as I wasn't myself due to the pain, drugs and illness.

She saw me and was with me at my worst so I wanted to give her my best. Today, Christmas morning 2013, I asked her to be my wife and she said "YES" through sobs and tears. I'm a very happy man I love her dearly. She makes our house a home and makes me a better man and person.

There are no wedding plans as of yet but we both agree we want to marry in the Shenandoah National Park in the mountains overlooking the Valley below. More than likely, we'll be doing this in the next year, probably the fall when the leaves are turning

I hope your Christmas is filled with happiness, joy and is symptom free Best wishes to you and yours and may good things come your way for the New Year. Remember, life is too short not to live it.

Positive thoughts and chocolate!

Fish....
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-12-13 at 10:57.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: A Merry Christmas Indeed :)

Yeah!!!

Congratulations!

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

Merry Christmas to you and congratulations, You have help me quite a lot this year and hopefully next year I will have a less anxious year.

Oh mate, I'm just about to travel to the in laws for a couple of days but just had to pop on and see if you had managed to tell us yet,

Congratulations hon! So happy for you both - what a wonderfully happy ending for the two of you after all you have been through. Wishing you the many years of health and happiness together that you both, by justice, deserve,

xx

How wonderful, what an amazing Christmas gift. Congratulations to you both xx

Thats brilliant news fishmanpa, many congratulations.

had x

That's amazing!!!!!!

Many congratulations on your news Fishmanpa. I am quite new to this site but I always try to read your posts as you speak such sense and always make me feel better.

Many a time I have read your posts when in a highly anxious state, and almost instantly feel calmer and more rational, so thank you for that.

Here's hoping for a brilliant 2014 for you

Wonderful news my very best wishes to you both have a magical Christmas Simi

Congrats xxx

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information