Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30mg-->22.5mg-->15mg

30mg-->22.5mg-->15mg

Hello Strong Ppl,

I just wanted to update you on my progress.

30mg for 6 months, While I was feeling 6-7/10 I thought that's the best I will ever feel. I joined the GYM in 1st week Sep-1st week Nov in order not to leave any gap in my recovery and physically I was feeling very good past the 3rd week in the GYM when I was suddenly hit with sever anxiety that caused a setback in my recovery so I had to stop the GYM and consult with my GP who said up the dose to 45mg and I did for 2 nights but went right back to 30mg since I couldn't handle the dose. the following week all I was thinking of is completely coming off the meds to stop the anxiety and the restlessness. I decided to go see another GP who said, in your case we normally should try reducing before increasing since your working out and leading a normal life, so I reduced to 22.5mg for 17 days and I was feeling much better starting day 6.

Now I been on 15mg for the past 23 days + back at the GYM for the past 2 weeks. I have never felt this good, I mean so good, confident, healthy and determined. I cant remember the last time I felt this good.

To those taking Mirtazapine, don't fear experimenting with the dose, if you feel you still have some residual symptoms and been on Mirt for over 5 months, try increasing and if it doesn't suit you, then stabilize at your previous dose and reduce gradually.

I decided to stay at the 15mg for 2-3 months and see how it goes.

I will update when I can.

good luck to you all, don't be afraid of the meds, once its in your system, reducing it or increasing it shouldn't cause a health hazord.

Take care.
    Last edited by Dubai; 25-12-13 at 20:28.

Re: 30mg-->22.5mg-->15mg

Thank you for that positive post, really good to hear. I was wondering how u were getting on with your reduction. Pleased to know it's going well. I hope to join u soon.

Hey Sands,

Thank you for the support, if you ever need to ask anything, you may post it here and I will do my best to help.

Take care

Hello Great ppl,

an update to my progress withdrawing from Mirt, reducing from 30mg to 22.5mg and later to 15mg, I have now reduced to 7.5mg after being on the 15mg for 2 months.

Today is my first day after reducing and I just took my secondnd dose. first day I felt little anxious, I think its more of the anticipation which went away as the day progressed. around 5pm I had a sudden GI issue. ( I had the same thing reducing from 30 to 22.5, but it went away the next day).

my plan is to stay on the 7.5mg for at least 3 weeks then try to reduce to half the dose for another 2-3 weeks then stop.

I have consulted my GP, he thinks there is no need to lower further and to simply stop after 3 weeks.

I have a lot going on in my life, but that's what my life been like the past 15 years, ;therefore there isn't a perfect time for me to come off, I just have to work around it.

I have learned a lot along the recovery path and I have to apply what I learned to my advantage in order to minimize the suffering and expedite the recovery.

To all those out there, one step at a time, if you are starting mirt, your thoughts have to be on coping with the med to get well and to stay well until you feel ready to come off. when I started mirt, I was reading all over the place, try to not over read and convince yourself that you will recover from this illness.

Stay well, I will update as I go forward, I hope its a smooth road.

Hi Dubai

I may be weaning off next month as my GP thinks Mirt doesn't suit me. I have bene on 7,5mg since May and 15mg since December. How do you think weaning off from 15mg is easiest? going straight down to the 7.5mg?

Great to hear you are doing so well.

Bonni,

I went from 15mg to 7.5mg, tomorrow is my second day so lets see how it goes.

The reason why I am not overly worried about the reduction is because this is my 3rd reduction in such big cuts and me being aware that my system will still get Mirt but on a smaller dose.

I saw my GP on Thursday and the same night I reduced, this is my approach to the meds since my first reduction, you ultimately want to come off so you have to be brave and just do it.

I wish you an easy reduction and a smooth withdrawal.

Thank you Dubai, Have you felt ok during your withdrawal? It sounds like you are doing very well.

Bonni,

I had few down days since I started reducing my meds.

I woke up an hour ago, this is my second day, I feel a bit down, but that's expected.

I'm heading out to go finish some stuff, I wont stay at home dwelling over it.

take care and be brave

You're doing very well.

My GP thinks mirt could causing my ocd type intrusive thoughts, he wants to give it 4 more weeks but if my thoughts and numbness gets worse we will have to withdraw me off it he said.

I'm quite nervous as I've read scary things about withdrawal but hopefully I will be ok like you are.

Bonni,

I hope you are well, today was my 3rd day at 7.5mg, last night had a bit of a difficult time falling a sleep, but nothing too serious, I am not worried about that. I felt energetic throughout the day except the first hour after waking up.

We work on Sundays in Dubai, so I was at the office around 9 and out by 4.

will update soon.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information