Thread: Colon cancer fear

Colon cancer fear

Ok hi all. & Happy Holidays! I'm
    In a panic. I have IBS & sometimes it acts up & I have the D type which is diharrea. It's more like kind of soft & frequent or kind of normal & overly frequent. Sorry don't mean to get too graphic but I need to explain. Now in several occasions I've seen TINY amounts of BRIGHT RED blood on toilet tissue, but it's NOT inside, it's outside. My doctor confirmed that. He says I have fissures & a small hemorrhoid. Does anyone here have ibs & had similar experience? I'd appreciate any feed back since I have anxiety issues & am
    Freaking out a bit. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank You! P.S. I start fearing the very worst out if anxiety.

Re: Colon cancer fear

Quote Originally Posted by violet33 View Post
    Ok hi all. & Happy Holidays! I'm
    In a panic. I have IBS & sometimes it acts up & I have the D type which is diharrea. It's more like kind of soft & frequent or kind of normal & overly frequent. Sorry don't mean to get too graphic but I need to explain. Now in several occasions I've seen TINY amounts of BRIGHT RED blood on toilet tissue, but it's NOT inside, it's outside. My doctor confirmed that. He says I have fissures & a small hemorrhoid. Does anyone here have ibs & had similar experience? I'd appreciate any feed back since I have anxiety issues & am
    Freaking out a bit. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank You! P.S. I start fearing the very worst out if anxiety.
    Sorry to hear you're feeling anxious. I read in another post that you've had IBS since 1987. That's an awfully long time to be suffering from it :( What could someone tell you that your doctor didn't already? Most people get a fissure or hemorrhoid in their lives. I know I have.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I too have IBS and I often get blood in the toliet. It freaks me out but my doctor told me it's hemerhoids as well. The more you go the more likely you will be to tear and see bleeding.

Thank You !

Hi Violet. Firstly if your doc has already confirmed fissures etc thats what it is so get all thoughts of colon cancer out of your head. When my ibs is bad i get blood flecks as do millions of other sufferers. You need to work on your ibs and look at diet etc. Are there certain foods that trigger it? I have identified my trigger foods and avoid them where possible, mine are beans in high quantities, too much red meat, sweet corn and very spicy food. I love hot curries but accept now if I have one, which I do occasionally, I will suffer the next day so have plenty of colofac etc to hand. Most of us are suffering this time of year - too much rich food in too great quantities. I'm having a mini detox today and tomorrow. Dead plain food, no alcohol and lots of water. Take care xx

Thread Information