Thread: Worst day for quite a while

Worst day for quite a while

Hello everyone,

As the thread title suggests, I'm struggling a bit today and I've achieved very little. Indeed, I'm still in bed as I write this.

I have made a lot of progress recently and had a fantastic day yesterday (saw NUFC win 5-1, then a family party then a few drinks in a local pub with friends).

A few drinks were a few too many in hindsight (always a wonderful thing) and I know my levels of anxiety are exacerbated by hangovers which contribute to brain fog and, to put it politely, affect my digestive system... so that is certainly a factor.

However, at 3pm today, I have arranged to meet friends for board games - something which I generally enjoy but I get so nervous beforehand about making silly mistakes or not understanding the game.

It sounds daft, I know, but we often play quite in depth logical games like Carcassone. Anyway, I've arranged a lift now so I suppose I shall just get on with it. As I say, I've largely enjoyed these occasions before so I can't think of why it would be any different today.

Thanks for reading,
    Peter

Re: Worst day for quite a while

Hi Peter, there are a couple of things you can do to help yourself feel a bit better before heading out today. Treat it as a bit of an anxiety hangover if you like!

Make sure you drink enough water, alcohol can dehydrate you.

Have something decent to eat, your blood sugars will be low after drinking and eating a good meal will help you feel better. Remember to eat regularly throughout the day.

Have a vitamin B complex supplement like Berrocca, as long as it's compatible with any medication you're on. Alcohol strips the body of its B vitamins, these are important to a happy nervous system and a supplement will give you the boost you need.

Be gentle with yourself, and understanding of how you're feeling. Going to play games with your friends is a great idea as it will distract you and make you happy, giving you a boost of endorphins that'll help you feel good

Hi, this has happened to me in the past, it will pass, maybe try to keep to minimal drinking for the rest of the christmas break.

Hi Peter...didn't Newcastle do well yesterday I wasn't impressed with the ref and linesman at the Liverpool match.
    I am sure you are feeling worse today because of the drink yesterday. I hope you get over it soon.

Why must this be a bad day? It's only a bad day if you call it that. A hangover is a wry smile that you had fun the day before, even though drinking to that level is naughty.
    You've had a lie in, you have something planned, and if you don't feel well enough your friends won't hate you for pulling out.
    With anxiety we are monitoring everything and we all too easily laebl everything bad or good. We are setting out the course of events by labelling and catagorising. It's better to let the day flow. It may end up being a very good day.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thread Information