Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fluoxetine in liquid form

Re: Fluoxetine in liquid form

I know lol, well I didn't actually break it, as I pulled the plunger out to wash the thing, the little black bit got stuck in the barrel about half way down so I can't reach it it pull it out lol.
    As I said I'm up to 2.5mls now and if I'm being honest I feel horrible. I'm taking it for depression and I feel more depressed lately than before, did you feel worse at all? Maybe my dose needs to be increased, or maybe I'm not used to it yet.
    I'll keep going though, unless things get a lot worse of course.

Feeling very fed up with everything at the moment but trying to think positive.

Take care.
    Lynn.

That's the sort of unfortunate thing that happens to me, willow!!!!
    It can take time for the meds to work.... U could perhaps increase it slowly. I have 20mg daily. Not sure how that compares to the liquid as it was so long ago that I took it.
    I hope u feel better soon. Are you getting any other help with your depression at all?

I think 2.5mls is equal to a 10mg tablet/capsual but I could be wrong.
    I have an appointment with my dr next week so I'll probably stick with the 2.5ml and see what he says. It's just that I hate these mood swing type things, one minute I fell okayish, the next it's like I'm in blackness and very down.

Yes, I'm having counselling too, in fact it's my first appointment this afternoon since the Christmas and New Year break, so maybe that's had an effect on how I feel I don't know.

Hope everything is going okay with you.

Lynn.

hey Lynn. I hope your counselling went ok?
    you are right about waiting til your appointment with yr dr next week before doing anything with your meds.
    I dont know for sue but maybe your mood swing type things are just part of depression generally? I do get like that myself. sometimes its just down to something that happens to me generally. so i'll be having a good day then wham. i'm down again. but its worth keeping on plugging away because even on the bad days or when having a downer during a good day, you can still bring yourself back up.
    you keep at it.
    oh I often find the day after my counselling I do feel very emotional. that happened to me this week. but then the day after that usually I managed to feel a bit better. it does vary though. bye for now. x

Hi Tessar my counselling went okay thanks but I find it wears me out! To sit and talk about myself is hard work! Yes, I find it emotional too although I didn't at first I suppose the deeper you get into yourself the more emotional it gets? I think it's helping though wasn't so sure at first, but I'm feeling more confident about talking to her and I think that's why it's helping.

I'm still taking the Fluoxetine, still at 2.5mls and I think it's helping but then I get very down so then I'm back to square one and start thinking it's not! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, I was going to cancel because although I'm taking the med for depression, I do have anxiety too and that seems to be worse and my son is back at uni so I'll have to go on my own, which I'm dreading, but I will go and if I have a wobble along the way, well, I'll wobble! So maybe he'll up my dose which means it's back to the syringe and baby steps (I hate all this)

Anyway, onwards and upwards!
    Take care.
    Lynn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information