Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Musings: The Dragon Within

Re: Musings: The Dragon Within

Toomuch, firstly I am giddy with joy that you are there. As an inspiration to many I will be excited to know exactly how you did it. How long it took, you approach, your symptoms throughout and if they have 100% gone, I could keep on writing but I think you get the gist! Have a wonderful day klp

Blink.

Blink.

Rub my eyes.

Blink.

I am here. I am really here. I am in the LAND OF RECOVERY!

As I look around expecting to see an unknown land for the first time..... things start to come into focus, and I slowly begin to realize that everything is ....familiar, but it is brighter, crisper,....as if I had always been looking through fogged up glasses, but have now wiped them and put them back on.

Recovery Land looks a lot like where I came from before I “broke”, but in addition to being more vivid- it also spreads out farther- with more possibilities, more opportunities, and I turn in a circle, arms stretched out at my sides, head tipped back and eyes closed-- mindfully appreciating every peaceful moment. So thankful not just to be “back”, but to be “better” than just back.

However, while turning in a circle I realize I am entangling myself in something- when I open my eyes and look....I realize that it is the leash I am holding in my hand that is coiling around my legs....., but what is at the end of that leash?

It isn’t a puppy.......it is a dragon. A well-behaved, well-meaning, healthy, and obedient dragon. A dragon who has accepted she will be on a leash under my direction.

So, it seems that after much training- it appears my dragon can be tamed. Can be convinced. Can be reined in. She still needs a slap on the nose every now and then when she starts to get riled up over some “danger” that only she can see....., but overall she is being a very good girl. And, now that she is getting some self-control, and I have proved who’s in charge.....all I have to do is give her the command if there is real danger and she goes into vicious protection mode. I don’t mind fire breathing dragons when they are exhibiting some self-control!
    When she is going crazy due to a real threat....she has still not quite learned how to calm down after all is resolved. We are still working on that, but I am confident now that we are on the right track she will never be able to storm around and take charge of the castle again. And, should she decide to get out of line in a big way- she will be put in time out in her cave until she remembers the way we do things around here.

well done TMT ,it was worth the pain and the long wait

Thank you, Mr. Andy!
    How are you doing these days?

How about my other fellow dragon slayers/trainers?

(For those who have asked me….I will be posting a more direct thread soon about my actual recovery process details, etc. It will be under "Success Stories", but I may add it to this thread too as this is my journal of sorts.)

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchToLiveFor View Post
    Thank you, Mr. Andy!
    How are you doing these days?

How about my other fellow dragon slayers/trainers?

(For those who have asked me….I will be posting a more direct thread soon about my actual recovery process details, etc. It will be under "Success Stories", but I may add it to this thread too as this is my journal of sorts.)
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpos...2&postcount=74

Yay! it's great to here both you and Andy are doing so well!

'Normality' is just dawning for me, I'm putting into place and applying all of the things I've learnt, it's just the final push now.

To, TMT, Andy & Luna.

It's incredible to see your improvement, I want to as you guys a few questions maybe queries!
    Lately I too have been feeling a wee bit better, my realisation that I may not have impending doom lurking round the corner, and my symptoms are still there but lessened slightly. I keep reflecting on a few weeks/months and see the very gradual development. I'm not scared anymore, I accept my symptoms even though thy still changing on an daily/hourly basis.

I've been reading Dr. Claire Weekes & nothingworks.weebly.com. Trying to put the teaching into practice.

The question I have, if you don't know what the 'triggers' are, and continue to have the same symptoms day in day out. How do I fully know if I too will ever reach the end goal of recovery?

I'm still clouded by this and finding it hard what direction I need to take to enable to be a success story. Don't want to hard on myself, I tell myself I've got this far without meds, and like claire weekes encourages 'let time pass'. I don't know what 'tools' I need to get well?
    Thanks xx
    Last edited by KLP; 01-03-14 at 14:13.

Too Much, glad to hear that your dragon is finally beginning to learn who the boss is around there. Just remember to keep your hands on the wheel and the dragon in the trunk of the car. Being in the Land Of Recovery is still a daily maintenance process, I have found. The dragon loves for us to forget that. Don't ever let her in the passenger seat again. Great job and I'm thrilled to hear that you're doing so well.

It's so great to see many on the road to healing and recovery. You all are an inspiration to me and to so many here on the boards. This thread and TooMuch's analogy of the "Dragon" has given many a name and identity to the beast and in doing so, has given many a focus and determination that has taken a life of it's own throughout the forum. Becoming a "Dragon Slayer" makes fighting this affliction doable.

Here's to donning your armor, sharpening your swords and licking so Dragon arse!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by KLP View Post
    To, TMT, Andy & Luna.

It's incredible to see your improvement, I want to as you guys a few questions maybe queries!
    Lately I too have been feeling a wee bit better, my realisation that I may not have impending doom lurking round the corner, and my symptoms are still there but lessened slightly. I keep reflecting on a few weeks/months and see the very gradual development. I'm not scared anymore, I accept my symptoms even though thy still changing on an daily/hourly basis.

I've been reading Dr. Claire Weekes & nothingworks.weebly.com. Trying to put the teaching into practice.

The question I have, if you don't know what the 'triggers' are, and continue to have the same symptoms day in day out. How do I fully know if I too will ever reach the end goal of recovery?

I'm still clouded by this and finding it hard what direction I need to take to enable to be a success story. Don't want to hard on myself, I tell myself I've got this far without meds, and like claire weekes encourages 'let time pass'. I don't know what 'tools' I need to get well?
    Thanks xx
    You answered your own question ... The triggers are the sensations expressed by the body.

These sensations are just expressions of energy, the body is just trying to release this energy. You are resisting the escape of this energy.

There is not one energetic release expressed by the body which is bad, unpleasant, scary etc. These words and descriptions are the labels we apply, and are reinforced by conversations with other people who describe them in a similar way.

Everyone in the world gets all these sensations at times without exception.

A panic disorder (crap term) is a collection of irrational phobias of certain sensations.

The body can produce about twenty core sensations during an adrenaline release.

Each panic attack (yet again ... a crap term) consists of about four or five of these.

The anxiety state is a table ... The legs holding up this table are the sensations.

So panic is a table with 20 legs.

You will find that you only fear about 3-10 of these legs.

So if you removed the fear if these 3-10 legs (none of which can ever do you any harm) your table would collapse under its own weight.

Question is .. How.

Now realise this ... You can remove the fear of these legs ... Inside your own comfort zone, in fact you can do it from your own bed.

What tool to use?

I would recommend EFT ... It looks kooky, but it works, it works every time and it works permanently if you are specific enough.

Why does it work?

Personally I have researched it intently and and close the knowing exactly why, but unfortunately I don't have the language as yet to translat this into a few snappy phrases with the usual knob-gags to make this understanding easy.

But you don't need to understand it. I know it works, it always works.

There are no side effects.

If done correctly, you could effectively collapse your entire (panic disorder on a matter of days if not sooner.

The best approach would probably be to find a local EFT practitioner who really understands NLP sub modalities.

This is the history of therapy

Psychoanalysis
    Can take up to a decade.

Medication
    Can take months

CBT
    Can take months to a year.

Hypnosis/Guided meditation ... They are the same thing
    Can take weeks to months

NLP alone ... Can take weeks on complex conditions

EFT alone ... Can take weeks on complex conditions

EFT and NLP combined ... Can take days.

Sensation only targeted EFT with NLP and then just going out and living life to the fullest.
    ... Hours.

This last approach, according to my research, collapses the panic algorithm (the table) in such a way that, it also removes the negative emotional content from many panic memory or anticipatory panic in the future.

Alll in my opinion of course.

And if anyone ever tells you there is no magic bullet ... Remember this ... This in only what they believe.

First ... Just look at an EFT phobia cure on youtube. See that it can work in as little as 10 minutes.

Then remember your panic is a collection of sensation phobias.

Then realise that with these two concepts, you do indeed have a magic bullet.

I'm not a professional and you are quite entitled to argue with me.

These are just my opinions.

But remember this ... The notion that a panic sensation is scary, uncomfortable or dangerous is also just an opinion.

I hope this helps.

God speed.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information