Hello,

Anyone has any experience of withdrawing from this medication?
I had been taking it for a year when I decided (with input from my GP and psychologist) that I was ready to come off it. I was on 50mg at the time and tapered off very slowly (over approx. 3 months). I did not experience any noticeable side effects whilst reducing the dose slowly although I did find that I felt a bit more anxious but just put that down to other things that were going on in my life at the time.
I've been off it completely for 2.5 weeks now and for the past week I've started experiencing really bad insomnia (2.5 hours sleep per night, feeling extremely awake and not able to fall asleep til the early hours of the morning). Today, I've started noticing that my mood is up and down quite a lot and I've been feeling extremely nauseous (feel like vomiting which has never happened to me before) and also headachy....
Feeling really really crap and just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience? And if so, how long that lasted for? Given the really crappy side effects I was experiencing whilst on the drug (huge appetite increase, cravings for sweets and junk food leading to weight gain, lethargy, very dry mouth, dizziness, etc), I have no intention of getting back on it if I can help it!!!

Thanks for any input !