Thread: Thinking of getting a blood test next week. Send me positive thoughts please

Thinking of getting a blood test next week. Send me positive thoughts please

The amount of people telling me that I lost weight is ridiculously high. In a span of 4-5 weeks, around 25 people (yes, I counted) told me that I lost weight.

This July, I weighed at around 208 lbs. I started to work out for 2 weeks then I was down to 200 lbs in August (kinda scary still).

I stopped my workout after that as I was caught up with my schedule until I got a diabetes scare which made me work out again for another 3 weeks starting the last week of September then I got a 2-week diarrhea. It took me around a month or so to get back on my regular stool. I had to cut down my food for a little while because of my diabetes scare too.

Last October 13, I was around 189 lbs. 10 days ago, I weighed at 183.

I know it does not seem a lot, but what gets me really worried is the amount of people telling me that I lost weight. It got me thinking how noticeable it must be!

Now I am just thinking of getting a blood test. However, I am really scared that I might find out something bad.

I honestly do not feel sick. Except, of course, when I tend to worry about this obsession and then feel so down and weak afterwards.

Has anybody here faced the same issue then it turned out to be nothing serious? Please, I could really use all your help right now.

Re: Thinking of getting a blood test next week. Send me positive thoughts please

Skyisblue, congratulations on losing weight. Sounds as if you have been taking care of yourself somewhat better due to the diabetes scare. Itnsounds like a health amount of weight loss.
    As someone who suffers from HA, I understand the impact of what other people say to me. Just the other day, I had two people tell me that I looked pale. Of course, then I began to wonder if I was okay. I had to stop what I was doing and practice the tools that I have learned to not let that thought spiral into an anxiety attack.

Re: Thinking of getting a blood test next week. Send me positive thoughts please

Quote Originally Posted by skyisblue View Post
    The amount of people telling me that I lost weight is ridiculously high. In a span of 4-5 weeks, around 25 people (yes, I counted) told me that I lost weight.

This July, I weighed at around 208 lbs. I started to work out for 2 weeks then I was down to 200 lbs in August (kinda scary still).

I stopped my workout after that as I was caught up with my schedule until I got a diabetes scare which made me work out again for another 3 weeks starting the last week of September then I got a 2-week diarrhea. It took me around a month or so to get back on my regular stool. I had to cut down my food for a little while because of my diabetes scare too.

Last October 13, I was around 189 lbs. 10 days ago, I weighed at 183.

I know it does not seem a lot, but what gets me really worried is the amount of people telling me that I lost weight. It got me thinking how noticeable it must be!

Now I am just thinking of getting a blood test. However, I am really scared that I might find out something bad.

I honestly do not feel sick. Except, of course, when I tend to worry about this obsession and then feel so down and weak afterwards.

Has anybody here faced the same issue then it turned out to be nothing serious? Please, I could really use all your help right now.
    Roughly 20 pounds in 4 months with watching your diet and exercising is normal weight loss and quite healthy actually (avg. 5lbs a months). Of course a bout of the runs contributed but still.... It's interesting to me that normally, someone commenting on weight loss when you've been trying to get healthy is a compliment, but with HA it turns into a fear. I'd love to understand the way the synapses fire off to make you think that way. You need to lose weight and eat better to help prevent a future diabetes issue so you've done a very positive thing to alleviate that fear. What about this is concerning to you?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well done, very steady healthy weight loss, nothing to be concerned about. What a gift you have given your organs, blood pressure, heart etc etc. I have lost just over two stone (around 30 pounds) in 9 months not from any set diet but from cutting back carbs and alcohol, eating more fruit and veg and leaving the car at home when I can! So nothing drastic. I suffer from HA so can understand your fears but its not a sudden, unexplained loss so don't worry. Keep up the good work

Thank you lfc, tanner, and fish

I guess what is fearful is that although I did try to lose weight twice within the last 6 months, it was not really consistent.

The first one only last 3 weeks back in July then I had to stop.

I finally returned exercising during September for another 3 weeks when the diabetes scare happened (this is the time when I had to cut back food too), but again I was not able to maintain it.

It's just so scary that for a very inconsistent workout, a lot of people notice my weight loss.

Thank you again for your thoughts. I will get back to you again once I am able to get a hold of a computer. I am currently using my mobile phone.

Don't worry!
    I lost (what I thought) was a lot of weight from late October to mid November (almost a stone) and I went to the doctors insisting a blood test, absolutely terrified I might have diabetes. I had the test done and it came back negative, despite me having almost every symptom.
    Anxiety and stress can cause you to lose a lot of weight, which over the years has often lead me to a vicious cycle of panic and weight loss~
    I hope you feel better soon

Hi colour, thank you for your reply.

I am glad everything worked out fine for you. It's just really difficult to imagine that anxiety can do all this.

Today, I generally felt weak and out of mood. Whenever I would sit down, I would feel sleep and tired. However, when I force myself to stand up and walk around, the tiredness somehow goes away. My shoulder also feels a bit heavy today. I had some tingling sensations on my skin for the first time.

Tomorrow I am going to meet some friends and I know that they are going to say something about my weight loss. :(

Will still reply individually to the previous posters...

Thread Information