Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic over no likes on facebook profile picture

Panic over no likes on facebook profile picture

Ok yes, we've been here before.
    Yes it's sad and yes I should get a life but I get very insecure about it.

I had my profile pic for a while and decided to change it to a nice one of my smiling with my new scarf.
    It was a selfie but oh well.

I uploaded around 3 hours ago and have received 1 like.

I know I shouldn't base my life on this but I feel really deflated. I see other people's profile pic change and they get between 10 and 30 likes and comments.

It's just a horrible reminder of how very unpopular I am.

- Emily Brontë

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Panic over no likes on facebook profile picture

Please listen to this advice. When you are in the grip of anxiety, try and stay away from Facebook. It will just feed your irrational thoughts! And remember it is all crap. All that glitters is not gold and people just make a lot of stuff up on there to paint a picture of themselves. Someone said to me the other day...Wow I wish I had your life..your out having fun all the time! I said .. Really? In fact, I had been out twice in that month which was rare, but it goes to show that someone else seeing that will feel rubbish if they have been stuck in. But its not an accurate portrayal of me? Do you see what I'm getting at? x

Yes I do see what you're getting at but I worry why people don't like my photos when I post them and others get many likes.

Am I just really ugly or do people see me as boring? Why don't people care about me?

- Emily Brontë

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Delete your facebook profile, who gives a sh*t about that?, the people that do have nothing better to do in life.

People don't see every posting on Facebook. Often I miss things and wonder why but it's such an ongoing rolling thing, it changes all the time and it's easy to miss stuff. It's not important that you changed your profile pic, I hardly ever get likes for mine, unless its a funny one. You are only concentrating on the people who get 'likes' but plenty of people change their pic and don't get noticed. Don't take it personally, it isn't personal.

Personally I deleted mine even though I though I get a fair few likes
    Never like the whole Idea of social networking all it means is you can snoop at other peoples lives and compare them to your own making you feel like crap
    No need for it at all!
    Try going off it for a month to see how you feel?
    btw you don't delete your account you only suspend it so you can still access it later (ie in a moths time) with all your comments,details, photos.

Change your profile picture for yourself, who cares what anyone else thinks, or how many likes you get.

I've uploaded new profile pictures and had lots of likes then other times had none. In fact I changed mine yesterday and got 1 like. It honestly didn't bother me because I changed it for myself to a more recent one.

You don't need to delete your account but if like me at tikes you find it feeds your anxiety then you need to question whether it's a good thing to use. At one point logging on I found it too much seeing photos of people on nights out, shopping trips, holidays etc... Everything I couldn't do thanks to my anxiety and agoraphobia. It made me feel so bad about myself so I took a break. I was still on it but rarely logged in, this was only a few weeks ago.

Do what's right for you regarding Facebooj but honestly, don't worry how many likes you get. You don't need anyone's approval xx

Likes on Facebook mean absolutely nothing in this world. I've uploaded photos and statuses that I think are nice that get completely ignored. Sometimes it's because the update does not get posted on peoples' feeds as the default setting is 'Top Stories', which new uploads aren't. I think you're looking too deeply into the 'like' culture, it is not a sign of appreciation as people can be 'like' trigger happy, like me.

If it weren't for both of my families living so far apart from each other I'd have deleted my Facebook profile years ago, I use LinkedIn and Twitter to promote my work and is more important to me. I see so many people posting way-too-personal things on Facebook (like about their health, missing periods and custody over their children) and arguments because the written language is often misinterpreted. It's becoming a necessary evil and should be treated as so.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

G Afraid,

I know that for some reason this is important to you but as you can read in the responses, everyone feels it's insignificant what someone thinks of a photo on Facebook and about Facebook in general.

With all due respect, if you want to alleviate your panic and anxiety over this, delete your profile or instead of posting photos, post an avatar like you have here and keep them guessing!. It's really that simple.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I find that with social media you have to put in a good amount of effort to see something come back to you. Interaction with other people can often be about making them feel good, if you consistently make people feel good they're going to want to interact with you more. If you're a nice person, have interesting things to offer and enjoy interacting with other people then that all adds to it.

So if on FB you never or rarely interact with other people by liking their photos, commenting on what they share etc. then they're less likely to do the same for you, and you're also less likely to appear in their timeline. Or if you very rarely update then you're not likely to be on their radar. It's not really about them disliking you, it's about getting back what you've put in.

You should also remember that at this time of year people are spending time with their families and friends and are not likely to be paying much attention to FB at all.

It saying all of that it's also important not to get hung up on these things. Someone not liking a FB status or photo is absolutely not a reflection on you as a human being.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information