Thread: slanted mouth after local anesthetic

slanted mouth after local anesthetic

Okay I've just had a tooth out. I was told the anesthetic would wear off in 2 hours but my lip is still numb/tingly 3 hours later and that side of my lip is slanted.

I'm really frightened it's never going to cone back. I'm also terrified of suffering a cardiac arrest as this is a possible complication of anesthetic.

I just wish I never went to the dentist :(

Re: slanted mouth after local anesthetic

Im sure it will gradually wear off and your will get full feeling back and the slanted lip will go back to normal. Also the cardiac arrest you talk about im sure it would be under general anesthetic that could happen in extremely rare cases, not under local anesthetic.

The NHS say local :( Sorry for rambling but every time I've had this its worn off very quick, so this long is a massive panic for me. Everything else has worn away but I'm still left with side of my mouth sloping :(

3 hours isn't long for it to wear off. You may have been given a bit more anaesthetic than usual. See how it is tomorrow, it should have worn off by then.

The chances of you sufferering an arrest due to local anesthetic are frankly slim to none. That is an extremely rare risk and only when it is overdosed.

You must try to think logically about the billions of people who have a local, especially for dentist treatment and have zero issues with it. Doesn't that tell you something?

I have had many, many locals in my lip (before cryotherapy on a small lump I have on it), before broken bone manipulations and at the dentist. I'm still here.

You have nothing to fear. 2 hours is a ball park figure. Not everyone recovers from the effects of a local as soon as others. It also depends how much local was injected.

You will feel better soon.x

Thread Information