Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Well done Kimberly!!!

I went to lunch today with 4 people, ate steak and chips and didn't think about myself for about 90% of the time. I laughed quite a lot, and enjoyed the journey there and back. I only talked about myself when asked, and even then I was positive. It can be done!! Funny how the places you view as ''safe'' (like being at home) are sometimes the places you actually feel worse - you only realise this when you get out there!!

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley2 View Post
    I did an exam yesterday, I drove there and back for the first time since November and in the snow which ended up being over an hour home today. I stayed away from home at my boyfriends for the first time since November as well. And I just found out I got an A for 1 module. (exhausted now!!)

Brilliant Kimberley!

How did it go sleeping at your BF's? I remember you having a thread about that a while back and how you struggled with it.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

Katki - I know what you mean. I find once I'm out it can be better and the fact my worst point was after the breakdowns sitting at home starting the meds with extremely high anxiety levels can be quite a reminder at times so I don't think having to many days in is good for me these days until I work past it all. Stir crazy sounds about right!

So glad to see this thread continuing and being used for what I intended. Lots of members encouraging others for the effort they have put in in beating Anxiety.

Well done to you all

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Today, I went to work, only felt slightly anxious, smiled a lot and actually enjoyed my day! Wasn't wishing the time away, and actually enjoyed a day in my life! Woo.

Kicked anxiety's butt today by driving home from the city in the dark for the first time in a year and a half since I started avoiding driving.

Terry - did not sleep great at my boyfriends, but got a good solid 5 hours before I woke up at least. Still majorly struggling with that.

My birthday today!! Yay (SO old ugh)

Went for a spa day with my mum. If you are OK getting out of the house and being in a spa I would 100% reccommend this to anyone. Boys & Girls inc.

I had a facial and sat in the thermal spa. I used the salt inhalation room and the sauna room. Then I went for a swim and had a head, neck, arm and hand massage. It was so amazing, I wish I could do it every day. I'm going to massage my arms and hands myself at home every day with lavender oil, it's so relaxing.

A week ago, I would not have been able to do this, but I have been ''facing my fear and doing it anyway'' and now I'm not even bothered. I am having so many moments where I forget anxiety altogether and feel totally, 100% relaxed. I almost fell asleep during my facial!

Anyway. that was the story of my spa love affair.

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”

Happy belated birthday katki.

My success:

1) Did not resort to my regular glass of wine. (I only have the one)
    2) Went to work despite almost turning round and calling in sick.
    3) Managed to be calm for a period today and quell my current HA focus a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWalking View Post
    *This was for yesterday, but I got home to late to post!*

So I haven't been around to much lately - However last night i went to a karate class, which was a big thing!
    Got out the house, drove to it through places I don't know and then met a load of people I don't know! (All who happen to be fighting each other :P) But I enjoyed it, looking forward to next Thursday and getting involved.

Considering it's both physical and spiritual should be good for me
    Well done DMW.

This will be you in no time

Were you anxious through it? Did this pass?

I remember you saying that you wanting to take up something like kickboxing and its been obvious that you've been struggling with motivation so its a big thing to take the leap. Did it make you feel better about yourself? Maybe that you are more capable than you know?

Sponsored a Child.

dragged myself out for a walk lunchtime; getting stuck into my work even tho its sooooo dull today, i'd rather be asleep but that doesnt earn the pennies does it!?

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information