Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

managed to stop my morning anxious feeling leading to me feeling werid ! went dentist without diazepam and go my social life back over last few weeks ! i went from being so anxious and sweaty and scared to normal nearly been a hard 4 months part that is a blur from derealization but thank you to the great people on NMP it pulled me out and stopped me from committing to my sucidial thoughts ! thanks nmp am making so much progress and it thanks to this amazing page !!!!

Getting in touch with my old therapist - expensive but I know she will help me recover once and for all

Registering with a new GP surgery

Cleaning up my old room

Opening up to an old friend

Going food shopping, making a restaurant reservation

Probably the most productive day I've had in a long time! And I still managed to have some cake

Been to the dentist, had an extraction. I didn't get too nervous beforehand, just kept busy at work. Also Having aggravation relating to a minor car accident.... The insurance stuff is the annoying part. What a nightmare. Anyway, I am keeping that stress in perspective.no point letting the insurance company's red tape wind me up infinitely. Not like me to step back so I am pleased that I succeeded in that respect. My aim is to keep up the good work.

Signed up for two course next month - wildlife first aid and hand rearing wildlife. I'm one step closer to working with and helping animals
    Think it'll also be a big boost for my confidence and help my anxiety.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

I managed to get out for a walk to experience the eclipse this morning and also told my sister how much I love an appreciate her.

This is such a good thread

Today I...

1) decided that my current job isn't worth the stress so am deciding it's time for change.
    2) look at my beautiful little boy and thought.. Wow I made you.
    3) came to this forum and realised that there are others going through the same thing

I'm proud of what I done yesterday. Yesterday I went up to Glasgow which is about 40 miles away from me to meet a friend I hadn't seen in ten years and then her and her bf came back to stay at my flat overnight. I am proud because just a few days ago I had a bad relapse and feared I was becoming housebound again and yesterday I managed to go further away than home than I usually dare go. Meeting my friend was great. It didn't feel like ten years had passed, it really only felt like last week since I saw her.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Yesterday I felt myself slipping back into the self destruct, and low mood cycle. Normally when I recognise that it is happening I ignore it, I don't tell anyone and it happens. Last night I told a friend, and then took myself out of the situation so I wasn't ruminating on my own. It seems to have broke the cycle and I have woken up this morning and instead of plod, I have enjoyed being productive and have hope that I can beat this horrible horrible demon....and yes I am recognising my positive step and saying out loud....I Am PROUD OF ME

I tidied the back garden with my 3 year old grandson helping me. I also started myfitnesspal again and just finished a 30 minute workout

Had an MRI this morning. First one. Felt relatively calm until I got strapped up, and started being loaded into the machine. Then I had a full blown panic attack with my heart feeling like it was going to burst out my chest and do a few laps of the hospital.

This sounds bad, but I didn't press the emergency buzzer, and managed to calm myself down by deep breathing exercises and rational thoughts. After a few minutes, where I swear the MRI operators must have been able to hear my heartbeat over the machine, my heartrate settled down. I was almost falling asleep towards the end of it.

So 1-0 to me. Also, it's really odd to be in still as a mouse, in a banging tube for 30 minutes.

All I have to do now, is tell my HA to ignore the fact the Doctor told me there is 1 in 10000 risk of getting an infection in my shoulder. As I had to have contrast dye injected beforehand.

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information