Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

May seem a slight cheat because it's all one event:

1. Went to a Christening in church and the reception afterwards (and I REALLY didn't want to go).
    2. Stayed for two-and-a-half hours in total, which is a respectable amount of time, I think.
    3. Didn't allow myself to be pressured into staying longer than I felt comfortable with, AND I didn't have a drink at the bar.

I was thinking of making a similar post before I saw this one. The big goals may be the holy grail of our recovery, but it's the little successes that get us there. I can't say I've managed three things today, but I did manage to stop the dishes mountain from getting any higher, and with any luck will get the rubbish taken out to the bin shed later. It may not sound like a lot, but I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that!

I haven't done anything today but yesterday I went on a long bus ride out to a fancy restaurant with my boyfriend and sat and had a lovely meal Going on public transport, let alone sitting in a crowded restaurant was something I hadn't been able to do for over a year due to panic attacks.

I took a reaction a wee while back to meds and realised I had to do it myself so I made a 'challenge chart' and wrote down all the things I have been scared to do like going into shops/town, going on public transport, waiting in queues etc and I gave myself a month to at least do those things 5 times. The first few times doing each thing were hellish and I thought I was going to die and clinged onto whoever I was with for dear life but slowly it became easier and now about 2 weeks on, I have pretty much no panic going on the bus or walking outside. I still get a little sick and breathe quickly but when I do, I just keep on talking or sit for a second to catch my breath and then carry on.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Today's successes

1. I made it there and back from the local chemist without running away like a coward.
    2. I called up my mobile phone company and got them to stop ripping me off.

Worked hard.... Had a bad afternoon but just kept plugging away. There was a time an afternoon like that at work would have finished me off but I am stronger now, much stronger. It's just work isn't it. Instead of falling apart coz its too much to contend with, I am believing in myself, knowing I am good at what I do and I work really hard. That's good enough for me.

I am not counting the days (personally I don't think it will help me) but I have managed another week without smoking. Real cigs that is, I am sort of addicted to my e cig at the moment.

Wow....

It has been quite a while since I caught up with this thread and it is amazing to see how well you are all doing. (even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it to ourselves)

I am also glad to see everyone still posting on here and I am really hoping you are finding it useful

Well done to each and everyone of you!!

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Well on Thursday I went to one of these group CBT sessions, even though I did not say much, has nothing do with my Mum going.

I continued going to one of these job club once per week and tried not to lose my cool and keep my pride in tact.

I have been baking most of the day for a family party for 30 people which I will be hosting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I have been baking most of the day for a family party for 30 people which I will be hosting tomorrow.
    I feel proud of you, Annie, for doing this and being proud about your achievement

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Got off my butt to go for a long walk. have done some chores today too. Had an emotional blip during the day but didnt let it stop me getting on with stuff.

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information