Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Thank you for asking pulisa, she still has her illnesses but relatively stable as of now. It's tough being a carer isn't it, especially when we carry this albatross around our necks. As though that were not enough in itself.

It is very tough, fishman, Mind you, I don't know what I would do with myself if I wasn't so busy. I couldn't bear having the time to "relax"-I'd go mad. Do you feel the same or is it just me?

I do find keeping busy helps yes pulisa, plus you get a sense of having achieved something which says 'look I did this despite the anxiety'. I managed to blitz all of upstairs with the hoover today...

Great stuff, fishman!

Today I confronted staff from the Care Home whose neglect caused my Father undue distress and pain on the day he died. They were touting for business at my local Tesco. My sister and I had dragged them through a year- long safeguarding procedure and we "won" having proved they lied all the way through to cover up what actually happened..They were recently awarded an "Outstanding" status from the CQC despite a negative safeguarding procedure, staff suspension and a grovelling apology to us.

It was the first time I had had any contact with them since my Dad died in 2014. I hope I put my views across strongly but with dignity. I hate that place with a passion and time doesn't heal.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

Today I confronted staff from the Care Home whose neglect caused my Father undue distress and pain on the day he died. They were touting for business at my local Tesco. My sister and I had dragged them through a year- long safeguarding procedure and we "won" having proved they lied all the way through to cover up what actually happened..They were recently awarded an "Outstanding" status from the CQC despite a negative safeguarding procedure, staff suspension and a grovelling apology to us.

It was the first time I had had any contact with them since my Dad died in 2014. I hope I put my views across strongly but with dignity. I hate that place with a passion and time doesn't heal.
    Not meaning to sound patronising, but well done, Pulisa. Takes a lot of strength and fortitude to confront people who caused you and a loved one such pain. Furthermore, to emerge from it with your dignity intact.

Doesn't change what happened but hope it brings some closure.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you, KK. I had been wanting to have this opportunity for ages although I know ultimately it's pointless and I know my Dad would have said to "leave it". My son works at Tesco and he approached them later and talked about his Granddad. We both thought we did the right thing. Just seeing them there with their glossy brochures and free pens bearing their crappy logo was just too much..

Hi pulisa , that was a big one to do that and well done , if you hadn't you'd be scrubbing the house while beating yourself up , some things need to be said and in our position we tend to let too much go . We tried to take the hospital to court over my dad's death but they closed ranks to cover up any blame so no one was ever punished for misdiagnosing him , I was very bitter for long time and wouldn't go to that hospital but they saved my daughter when we thought she had gone so it changed my perspective of the place .
    Not wanting to make too light of it but it would have been a good opportunity to throw some fruit as we discussed before , tomatoes would be good maybe tinned tomatoes even better .

This morning a group of us donated 20 more Backpack Beds (swags) for the homeless,these beds keep them dry and warm.

Those beds will make such a difference to their quality of life, Lola-Lee. A wonderfully kind and generous gesture.

Buster, you are right. I would have been scrubbing for England if I hadn't done it. I wouldn't have wasted decent fruit on them but would have maybe pelted them with some Tesco value rotten eggs or some leftovers from the staff canteen..

I know you went through hell with your Dad too. It's not easy "letting it go" but you have to. My sister certainly has. I haven't and probably never will but I've always been very hard on myself in whatever I do. It's just the way I am.

Pulisa, that took guts to do what you did, your Dad would be proud of you I think even if he may have said 'leave it'.

Buster, would the tinned tomatoes still be in the tin?

Lola-Lee, that's a very heartfelt and selfless thing to do

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information