Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Pulisa my old man left a whole sh@t storm for us to deal with when he went but I still loved him and after all this time I'm still angry but also miss him ,the shite .
    Lola some are takers some are givers you seem to be the latter , sometimes it can feel better to give than receive but not everyone gets that . Nice one

While I was walking with my mate Jim someone threw a tomato at him , now tomatoes are soft and don't hurt the skin but this one did it was still in the tin my dad said that to me when I was a nipper , funny the things that stick in your head like the registration number of his car and our 1970s phone number , all handy to remember stuff I'm sure .

Buster, I remember our phone number in the 70s was 3941. Yes just four digits, seems quaint now.

Today I fixed up my Dad's new gate while surviving an anxiety storm. Auto pilot was switched on...

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Buster, I remember our phone number in the 70s was 3941. Yes just four digits, seems quaint now.

Today I fixed up my Dad's new gate while surviving an anxiety storm. Auto pilot was switched on...
    Tried ringing you but the lock was on the dial , that reminds me my mothers gate needs a catch , again .

Good old auto pilot....It comes in very handy and I wouldn't and couldn't do without it.

And yes, I very much agree about the "giving" bit, Buster. Many people could benefit from that mindset..

I started this thread, and now my head is having a blip..... so I guess I should use it.... will post later

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Just keeping it warm for you Venus .
    Not sure I'm proud of this but its surprising how much you can do while your brain is trying its hardest to mess up your day , my biggest issues revolve around breathing, so I get up today look outside and it white over with frost so I'm thinking don't go out the cold will give you an asthma attack and kill you , but dogs need walking and living is overrated so I go out and go for walk with two total strangers , ok wasn't easy going but had a few laughs along the way and made it home , then Christmas shopping again not an easy ride but got through unscathed .
    so hungry work worrying , walking and breathing at the same time , so off to the pub for some food and a pint , hated queuing up at the bar but I came I saw I conquered, back home to again walk the dogs and done , still alive still being strangled by my own throat and tortured by my messed up mind , didn't cave in but pretty sure life shouldn't be this hard . Tomorrow skiing

Not so much proud as relieved to have survived. Went over to my Dad's again to finish the gate work. Using a manual screwdriver for a prolonged period caused trembling in my hands which triggered strong surges of panic. What was looking a good day went pear-shaped but managed to keep it from my Dad.

I very much understand the relief to have "survived" aspect, fishman! You did well to complete the task and I'm sure your Dad was really grateful-he'll have had no idea of what mental effort was involved.

I'm relieved to have survived an overnight stay in a hotel with my daughter which was miles away from home. I was in a lot of pain from pleuritis but managed to hold it together despite being terrified. This trip had been booked for months and we were going to a comedy gig as part of it. I just had to face my fears and do it-it's the hardest thing though.

Pulisa, I take my hat off to you, that took guts and especially with it being planned so long in advance!! Be truly proud

Thank you for your kind words, he was pleased but was out there supervising at age 88 complete with his woolly hat. And you're right, 'non-sufferers' have no idea what we go through...

Sorting out a course for next week. Mixing it with the big men and ladies now.

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread Information