Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Citalopram and erection 'problems'

Re: Citalopram and erection 'problems'

I have had problems for a month or so with a very highly increased sex drive. This coincides with a big confidence boost caused by hypnotherapy, so I can't say for certain what has actually caused it. It's a pity I am single at this moment in time, I'd be like a never-ending whirlwind in the sack!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

It boiled up like a tower.
    A monument in the park.
    It's the cock of a rifle.
    A memory in the dark.

You tried to keep it a secret.
    But now the world's gonna know.
    You tried for perfection.

But then oh uh oh. erection.
    oh uh oh. erection.

- "Erection" by The Faint
    Last edited by NoPoet; 05-08-09 at 16:45.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    citalopram has killed my sex drive which was very high
    Same here.........!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
    Same here.........!!!!!

I am not sure if its citalopram or something else but i am certainly not getting good strong erection's, infact i am not getting any at all this is very upsetting for me.. How can i move on and find a new girl to love me if i cant perform... Sorry for being so crude but even on my own (DIY) its just semi erect i do eventually climax but it takes for ever and is poor...

How can i bring this up with my Doctor?? (OOOPS that doesnt sound right)..

Desprate Very Desprate Dan..

Hi Chopper,

I don't know if it's just me (I've never liked men) but I can't see this as a problem. I know you say you also don't think it's a problem thats why you put it in inverted commas and that your wife is appreciative of the change but what annoys me is that you go on to speak about your G.P.

Surely everyone knows you can change your G.P easily, even on the same day if you really have to. You say she's a pert 20, nubile and that may cause you to get hard in her presence but it's almost like being tied down 'against your will' by a sexy elf.

Sorry to not be 100% sympathic but I'm just being honest, I'm sure other women don't see it the way I do but it's almost like your secretly loving every hard cock encounter.

Saying that when I was on Flueoxtine I could pleasure myself all day (I'm single) and never actually come and even then it was weak.

Hi Chopper,

Oddly enough i'd been having problems sustaining erections recently so when the side effect you mentioned started happening to me i was delighted, and still am. ;-)

I'm not getting into trouble in supermarkets though, probably cause i'm only on 10mg, so i can't completely empathise with you on that point.

Maybe just try thinking of Michael Heseltine, or someone equally unattractive, naked. I know that would help me with an unexpected appearance of the wee man.

NM

Most of you are lucky people, i find hard on cit to gain an erection, and when i do, i cannot ejaculate for the life of me. But strangly enough, i get "wood" in the most unusual time or place, which frustrates me to no end. Im not sour, much. Its always up and down, just like my mood. At least i can take one positive in the fact that my body is all in sync.

I have ejaculated once in the past month when having sex. With citilopram 20mg I find that I can go on and on and not cum. As I said before this is a trivial problem when compared to depression - but a problem nontheless.

My current girlfriend obviously thinks I'm er...wonderful, but she does not know about my depression or my current medication, and I'd like to keep it that way. However, having sex is now more exhausting than 3 hours in the gym!!!

Six months ago I would almost blackout at the thought of meeting a girl, I think I am very lucky to be in the position that I find myself in now. Citalopram has worked wonders for me, the very few long term side effects are WELL worth taking the meds for.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information