Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Sertraline story!!

My Sertraline story!!

Hi im a 32 year old female. Im married with 2 children. About 12 weeks ago I started to get awful anxiety, I was stressing about the least little thing and turning small things into massive over the top things. I started doing breathing exercises and taking herbal remedies, reading books and going onto websites. Nothing seemed to work and about 6 weeks ago I couldn't take the way I felt anymore and felt like I wasn't coping with normal everyday situations like the school run and seeing my friends and even watching a film with my husband. I have never suffered with anything like this before and that in itself is very scary, I felt out of control with my thoughts, I wasn't sleeping or eating.I went to see my GP who prescribed me 50mg of Sertraline, I was also given 10 days worth of diazepam (2mg). After a few days of deciding if I should take them I went for it, I had the most awful side affects, sickness, diarrhea, headaches, night sweats, shakes. I couldn't even get out of bed for a couple of days. I was having panic attacks and Insomnia.
    After a week or so the side affects eased off and I was able to cope again although I was still left with the awful anxiety. After 2 weeks I started to feel 50% better and then into week 3,4,5 I seemed to go downhill with my anxiety again but I stuck with the Sertraline as the doc said it could take 6-8 weeks to see the benefit.

The last few days I've started to feel 90% my old self again. I think this drug seems to take a while to work but i'm glad I've stuck with it as I feel like i'm getting my old life back again. I really hope this is a helpful and positive story if you are just starting out on Sertraline, I know I have a long way to go but I feel with the help of this med I can get my life back on track.

Reading all the positive stories on this forum has helped me a great deal. Im also lucky to have great family and friends I can talk to.

Re: My Sertraline story!!

Hi Dee im on sert aswell 100mg like you it took a while to kick in, but it did yeah yeah i feel like me again its worth sticking at it

Really pleased it's worked for you too😉 I never thought I would be posting a positive story like this a couple of weeks ago!!

Thankyou im pleased for you too, im keeping positive this year

Brilliant - so great that it's working.
    I'm on week 7 - started 2 weeks at 50mgs and I've been 5 weeks on 100mgs - have to say it's taken its time but I think I'm turning a corner aswell.....I had awful side effects aswell - then felt fine - then 2 weeks ago, I had an awful week, felt like I was back at square 1. It's getting better though.
    It's tough at the time to keep sticking it out - but it's worth it.
    xxxx

Hi, I'm in tears reading this. I am on sertraline and am an emotional wreck. I am so anxious about everything, my family, something bad happening, it's been a nightmare over Xmas and New Year, I can't tell if sertraline is making me feel this bad. I just want to cry all the time. I have only been on sertraline for a couple of weeks but if this is what it's making me feel like I can't be in this much longer. I also have very loose stools but also constipation? I've had a kidney infection and now thrush and not sure whether I'm run down as well. I have developed severe health anxiety as well, don't ever remember feeling this bad before. I think I'm going to have to go back to the docs and go back to fluoxetine.

so happy to hear things are coming around for you! I'm just early on in taking Citalopram (celexa) and am still fighting the nasty side effects (day 16). Love hearing positive stories like this.

Shelley that's brill it's working for you too, it's so lovely to read positive stories!!😀.

Jojo I really can understand, this time last week(Xmas) I felt like I was in a nightmare, I couldn't enjoy Xmas with the kids and felt like the whole day was one long panic attack. A week later and I'm loads better. I have been run down with cold and sore throat not sure if this was side affects or not. Go and see your GP they may be able to help. I went back a couple of weeks ago and they gave me another 10days of diazepam but I've only needed to take 2 of them. You might feel better just getting advice from the doc it helped me a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe how much my life has changed in 12 weeks, I really can't wait to feel 100%. Try going on the calm clinic website it has some useful info. Hope you feel better soon, keep me posted xxx

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Edna, keep going it will pass I'm sure. This is why I posted my story as reading positive stories have helped me so much. Take care xxx

Defo stick at it JoJo - I know exactly where you're coming from - I felt like I was in hell the 1st few weeks of starting Sertraline - then I felt better - then worse again. Everyone said to me "give it 6-8 weeks to start to take effect" .... I was really run down -crying all the time - felt sick all the time - couldn't eat - one night my hubby came in from work and I asked him to look after the kids and I ran to me bed and stayed there for nearly 2 days ....
    Hang in there - you'll get there
    xxxxxx

I started on 50 mg for 2 weeks. first week just had slight headaches in the morning. Now finishing week 3 on 100mg slight headaches again for the first few days. Just hope I can add some thing positive to this thread soon as Ive been suffering terribly with chronic anxiety. I was on and off citalopram 40 mg over many years and after being off it this time it didnt work so my doctor has put me on Sertraline.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information