Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Sertraline story!!

Re: My Sertraline story!!

Thanks guys, it means a lot, I think I'm going mad, never really had such a reaction to an anti depressant before. The anxiety and tiredness are the worst ones. It has been only 2 and a half weeks so will stick it out. I'm so glad I've found this forum. I just want to sleep so much and cry randomly, I break down at anything.. I will stick it out, I've only been on 2 and half weeks. Thanks again xxx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ! ED View Post
    Hi Dee im on sert aswell 100mg like you it took a while to kick in, but it did yeah yeah i feel like me again its worth sticking at it
    how long did it take for you?

I really felt the same, lots of tears and kept thinking I was going mad as I'd never felt like that before. I have to say the first 5 weeks have been hell, I'm almost at week 6 and I've only just started to feel myself the last 4 days. I had my first good day at work today with no panic attacks, it's been months since I felt like that work. Xxx

Hi Kezz it was about 12weeks and I felt so much better, but I could feel it working ,each week I Felt abit better hope it works for everyone else, it took along time but god it was worth the wait

That's great news Dee32, it's seems to be worth persevering also seeing the reply from kezz. Seems like it's early days at under 3 weeks, I've heard several people say to keep at it. I am determined. Keep us posted :-) xx

Just to add to the Sertraline stories.....I am 36- wife and mommy to two (4 yrs/5mo), and I had a terrible panic attack "out of the blue" (never really is, is it?) the first weekend in October. By the first weekend in November I felt like I was in one, long, never-ending attack from Hell. I was started on Sertraline (50) with Alprazolam (Xanax). Over the next two weeks I got SOOOO much worse- I even developed agoraphobia. I have never known Hell like those two weeks. I was raised to 75 for a week, and then 100. I was still in terrible shape between side effects and how severe my anxiety was, but the agoraphobia lessened and then went away.
    I have now been on 100mg for right around four weeks. (Seven weeks total, but my doctor said I need to start counting from when I was raised to the 100.). I have seen improvements over the last few weeks, but Tuesday I had my first really GOOD day. I still had anxiety, but I was happy and not worried about it. The next day and today have been way shakier, but today is the first day since the beginning of November that I have not taken ANY Xanax (yet- LOL). I was at .5 4xs a day (sometimes even .25 or .5 more), and I was able to start weaning them down about two weeks at 100.

Now, I still feel rotten a lot, but I feel okay a lot too, and I have had a small amount of good and great. I know it is working- otherwise I would not be able to survive without the Xanax.

Stick with it. Those famous words I have read and re-read when trying to claw my way through the day. And they are ringing with truth. For the record, I had TERRIBLE side effects in addition to the killer anxiety escalated by Sertraline. It is still worth sticking with it...., and in another couple of months I will be able to start a thread that gives even further success.

I am also doing CBT- and the most helpful two things I've found:
    "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" by Dr. Claire Weeks
    and
    http://nothingworks.weebly.com

Awesome stuff.

Toomuchtolivefor that is lovely to hear😉 really hope you go from strength to strength. Thank you for sharing your story. It's so nice to know we are not alone in this. X

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Ps: I will have a look at that website thanks��

Thanks for your post toomuchtolivefor, it gives me hope for CALM ;-) that's what I'm looking forward to, I've started taking propranolol for anxiety attacks, they seem to be taking the edge off. I'll have a good look at your references x

To those of you that have had success with Sertraline.....when you started noticing improvement would you have a very good day, and then a drop to bad days again?

I had a day that was so much better on Tuesday, but have been downhill since then. I am so weary and discouraged. Just so weary. Today I am feeling weepy- which isn't like me at all. I feel like I might be getting a tad depressed now too (anxiety is my issue).

Toomuchtolivefor. After I had been on the Sert about 2/3 weeks I had a good couple of days and then went down hill and was crying all the time. I'm also on them for anxiety and thought I was getting depressed. I guess it could be another horrid side affect. I've had a good 4 days now so I'm hoping this will continue. I'll be taking my 6 week tablet tomorrow��xx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information