Thread: Current anxiety worries

Current anxiety worries

So it's a new year and want to talk about my current worries. I feel each year I worry more about my health as I am a year older each year. I fear not wearing a jacket I will die of the flu or something?

With my ocd I keep getting the urge to throw away clothes of any urine or if I touch the toilet roll and there's any poo marks I won't wear clothes again. A few months back some beans spilt on jeans so I never wore them again.

Also I have to be near a shower when I need the toilet as I get loose stools. I usually go in the morning so I know it's good to shower or late at night when I can shower. I use to go mid day but my job only gives a half hour break rather than an hour so I feel trying to go on the morning is best? I use to go lots but I'm more relaxed now but I keep worrying what the correct toilet pattern should be.

I still get the odd depersonalisation thing going on for some reason it's the same places and maybe new places don't bother me as much?

Also the age thing always worries me I feel old but every year mention it I am
    older and just wish I could stay young for longer rather than being old. I don't want to look old either.

Anybody else get these worries how can I sort it?

Re: Current anxiety worries

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So it's a new year and want to talk about my current worries. I feel each year I worry more about my health as I am a year older each year. I fear not wearing a jacket I will die of the flu or something?

With my ocd I keep getting the urge to throw away clothes of any urine or if I touch the toilet roll and there's any poo marks I won't wear clothes again. A few months back some beans spilt on jeans so I never wore them again.

Also I have to be near a shower when I need the toilet as I get loose stools. I usually go in the morning so I know it's good to shower or late at night when I can shower. I use to go mid day but my job only gives a half hour break rather than an hour so I feel trying to go on the morning is best? I use to go lots but I'm more relaxed now but I keep worrying what the correct toilet pattern should be.

I still get the odd depersonalisation thing going on for some reason it's the same places and maybe new places don't bother me as much?

Also the age thing always worries me I feel old but every year mention it I am
    older and just wish I could stay young for longer rather than being old. I don't want to look old either.

Anybody else get these worries how can I sort it?

I'm pretty much at a loss for words as I've not heard of anyone quite that obsessive about their bodily functions. In my opinion, what you describe requires one on one psychotherapy to discern the root cause of your fears and ways to manage them.

Positive thoughts and good luck.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Phil, as anxiety and its friends (OCD, etc) come in all different sizes and shapes for each of us-- nothing is surprising that can get looped in our minds, but these types of thoughts are obviously taking away from your quality of life. I would strongly suggest getting a good therapist for some one on one attention to work through these issues.

So should I not throw things away?

My advice would be to keep the things you feel the need to throw away, try your absolute best to hold the item and ask yourself if the object has any feeling or could give off any real emotion toward you. Try and convince your mind that the object means no harm towards you or isn't going to cause any harm in the future.

I am no doctor but this will hopefully be a thing that you could at least consider trying, trust me I know how hard it is I've been through it myself and my psychologist told me to try this method.

Quote Originally Posted by clairegibsonx3 View Post
    My advice would be to keep the things you feel the need to throw away, try your absolute best to hold the item and ask yourself if the object has any feeling or could give off any real emotion toward you. Try and convince your mind that the object means no harm towards you or isn't going to cause any harm in the future.

I am no doctor but this will hopefully be a thing that you could at least consider trying, trust me I know how hard it is I've been through it myself and my psychologist told me to try this method.
    Is there that's you have wanted to throw away if so why and did u manage to keep them? Is it safe to wear the clothes I get the urge to throw away?

I used to be obsessed with changing my underwear 3-4 times a day and wanting to throw them away, it was driving my mother up the wall because I had to throw every pair away, I was a little embarrassed telling the psychologist this problem but he understood and explained the method and so one day - sounds gross - I held my underwear I'm my hands and asked myself 'is this nessessary? I could look at this differently and tackle this with a different approach such as keep the underwear for as long as I could' yes sometimes I failed but you have to have a determined mind to beat the thing that is beating you!

Be strong, and best of luck!

Thread Information