Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health concerns and scared

Health concerns and scared

Hi everyone my names James I'm 30 years old have history of anxiety depression disorder and a constant worry that I have some health problems. I can't stop going online trying to diagnose when I may not have anything wrong. I currently need to get a colonoscopy because I have blood on my stool inconsistant stools small flat etc I've had this issue for 8-9 years I was to scared to see a doctor but I finally have I'm scared I have cancer. Routine physical was good doctor said blood work was great I eat fine I exercise I don't lose weight I feel fine except for this weight on my mind next step is a colonoscopy I guess I'm just here because I need someone to talk to during this time

Thanks.

Re: Health concerns and scared

Welcome James! I completely understand your health worry. I've been there and am currently there myself. I went through a couple years a few years ago where I was worried I had colon cancer or something just as bad. I had blood in my stool occasionally and some other symptoms. I finally figured out it was all due to anxiety and hemorrhoids. I was only 20 years old at the time (29 now) and still have blood on occasion when they get sore or irritated. Good luck with your test, I will keep you in my prayers and keep us updated!

Thank you. I'm a over analyzer I try to figure why I would have something and from the internet searching I set in my mind that I have cancer it's like I can't see it as be any of reason. People say hemroids but when I was 21 I didn't work out I weighed more ate bad etc. at 26 I started working out lost weight ate better so I can see hemroids as a reason

I completely understand how you feel, I think a lot us around here are the same way. When I was in my early 20's I was really bad about it. I thought I had colon cancer, IBS, having heart attacks etc. I lived in fear most days. I eventually somehow got past it until now. Now I'm focusing in my latest symptom of frequent urination and googling has sent me into an anxiety spiral and I cannot get myself out of it.

I swear it's a obsession a disease or something I can't help but think the worst and walk around like impending doom

Hi James, I've just come through a tough period where I thought I had colon cancer, so I can understand how you feel. Like you, I had symptoms which suggested colon cancer, but all my test results came out fine. So many digestive symptoms can be misconstrued as colon cancer, especially if you use Google! The fact that you've had this problem for so many years suggests that it's IBS or something else, rather than cancer. Hope you feel better soon.

Yeh as long as I can remember 2005 I noticed streaks of red in my stool since then they've been inconsistant with blood etc I was 21-22 years old fat outta shape eating poorly etc. 2009 I cleaned up lost weight got in shape ate better but still had the issues so I've been scared that because I never went to the doctor that now it's to late etc basically thoughts of death etc. doctor told me ibs doesn't cause bleeding and that chrons I don't have I'm not iron deficient or anemic either.

Since you stated you've had this on and off since 2005 suggests it could be hemorrhoids or some other not so serious condition. If it was cancer it would've made itself known by now without treatments. My husbands grandfather had colon cancer a few years before I met my husband. Far as I know, his symptoms were not what you are describing. He got up one day and out the blue was bleeding, a lot. Enough to send himself to the ER. That is when he got diagnosed. He was in his mid 70's. He had part of his colon removed and as far as I know has been doing great since. He is now 82.

That great for him he was 72 I was 22 now 30 :( when I went to the gi doctor everyone in there was 55+ it just felt like I'm to young to be here

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

People say Hemroids but at 21 I wasn't working out etc so see know reason why I would have them and I have read they don't cause your stools to get small and change shape

I've had hemmroids since I was a teenager and I've developed more of them as I've gotten older. I'm 29 now. My stool changes shape occasionally. It just depends on my diet and all. Since you've had tests and all came back fine, I'm sure you are just fine. I know it's hard to focus on that, I totally get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information