Thread: Please help - heart racing poss pregnant

Please help - heart racing poss pregnant

Hi guys

Sorry to come across all desperate but I really need some reassurance!!

Just found out I'm about 5 weeks pregnant, completely unplanned and it's my first so obviously I'm terrified!

One of the symptoms has been my heart has been racing for the past week, mostly after eating. I'm terrified this is some allergic reaction to pregnancy that is going to kill me!! In typical HA style!!

Has anyone else experienced this this early on?

I know my mental state will be playing a big part but my heart never usually feels like this and I was aware for about a week before I found out

Any input massively appreciated x

http://nothingworks.weebly.com/ < a must read!

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it" Nelson Mandela

"It is far harder to kill a phantom than a reality" Virginia Wolfe

Re: Please help - heart racing poss pregnant

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!

Rest assured you are not allergic to your pregnancy, I promise! Have you scheduled yourself a Dr. appointment yet? If not I encourage you to so you can speak to your Dr. about your fears.

When I was pregnant with my oldest I developed a fast heart beat, my Dr. sent me for an echogram just out of precaution. Everything was fine it was just the increase blood from the pregnancy. I just found this online hopefully it brings you reassurance!

Can pregnancy cause heart palpitations for no apparent reason?
    I have had a number of patients in my practice that had their first episode of rapid heart action and palpitation during pregnancy. This is understandable in that the state of pregnancy causes significant shifts in blood volume and also puts a new stress on the heart that may bring out a tendency for rapid heart action that was not manifest prior to pregnancy. After the pregnancy, the patient may not experience palpitations or may begin to see palpitations occur under other stressful circumstances. There certainly doesn't need to be anything wrong with the heart in order for palpitations to occur during pregnancy.
    One the other hand, women with a history of heart rhythm problems or syncope prior to pregnancy will often have a marked decrease in their symptoms during pregnancy as their cardiac output increases and blood volume increases.

Thread Information