Thread: Blurred vision

Blurred vision

Hi, about 20mins ago i suffered really bad blurred vision in my left eye I was watchin the TV and it was as if I was looking at it through some thick glass I couldn't focus on the whole screen! This has really scared me and left me shaken! It's slowly getting back to normal but has left me with a slight headache! Is this part of HA? Please let me know! I haven't googled it.......yet. I'm scared!

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

And now I can feel a full blown attack coming on :-(

Re: Blurred vision

Do you have allergies at all? I get this quite a lot, and it is caused by some sort of gunk that sort of drifts accross my eye. It makes my vision go blurry like looking through frosted glass. It freaked me out very badly when it first happened. I since learned that if I rub my eyes it goes away. I once lookex at my eye in the mirror when it was happening and actually saw this thread of discharge in my eyeball. Sorry to be gross but looked a bit like a tiny thread of translucent snot! I have had a full eye exam and all was fine. If it happens again, try rubbing or gently bathing your eye and see if that clears it.

I have no allergies I was just sat watchin TV and it happend! Very frightening! I took myself to a dark room did my breathing exercise and bathed it in cold water! It's getting better but still feels sore, the experience has bought on my other symptoms! It's a shame coz I had such a good day today! :-(

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

BTW thanks for the reply

I sometimes have this happen. ...cattia described what I've had pretty well. ...almost like a thread or a blob of gunk on the surface if my eyeball. Tmi tmi I know. It actually happened to me twice over the Christmas break. ..once when I woke up after nodding off on the Sofa and once it happened just randomly while I was sat watching telly. Freaked me out (anything to do with eyes I find terrifying and I'm v squeamish). I couldn't really see anything in my eye for a bit. I must have spent a good 10 minutes fiddling with it and wiping then for a split second I saw this little translucent blob flick across the iris. Managed to get it out but my eye felt dodgy for the rest of the evening. I think even playing about with your eyes to try and see if there's anything in there can really aggravate them cos they're so sensitive.

My eyes have been back to normal and fine since btw.

Quote Originally Posted by rb1978 View Post
    I sometimes have this happen. ...cattia described what I've had pretty well. ...almost like a thread or a blob of gunk on the surface if my eyeball. Tmi tmi I know. It actually happened to me twice over the Christmas break. ..once when I woke up after nodding off on the Sofa and once it happened just randomly while I was sat watching telly. Freaked me out (anything to do with eyes I find terrifying and I'm v squeamish). I couldn't really see anything in my eye for a bit. I must have spent a good 10 minutes fiddling with it and wiping then for a split second I saw this little translucent blob flick across the iris. Managed to get it out but my eye felt dodgy for the rest of the evening. I think even playing about with your eyes to try and see if there's anything in there can really aggravate them cos they're so sensitive.

My eyes have been back to normal and fine since btw.
    Yep, this is exaclty it. It really does affect your whole vision in that eye. Also I find with eyes, the second I stat to focus on them (excuse the pun!) I get al sorts of weird symptoms, pains, visual disturbance, you name it!

I get blurred vision my is my anxiety ,it comes and goes I no what you mean it can be scarey try not worry if you are go see your gp I did made me feel alot better

Hi thanks for replying I have checked and can't see anything on my eye, luckily I'm not squeamish with my eye so I gave it a good 'eye bath' the weird thing is the pain in my eye has gone from the left to the right! I'm gonna book a eye test tomorrow! Also I'm not on medication so I'm thinking of seeing the doctor

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

HA is new to me I'm trying to deal with it the best I can

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ! ED View Post
    I get blurred vision my is my anxiety ,it comes and goes I no what you mean it can be scarey try not worry if you are go see your gp I did made me feel alot better
    I have also had this before (Haha, I've had it all!!)
    For me this was a bit different to the eye gunk thing, it would happen when I wad highly anxious and I couldn't focus on anything, a but like being really drunk but in a really bad way, everything was distorted. This hasn't happened to me in over ten years but it was horrible at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    I have also had this before (Haha, I've had it all!!)
    For me this was a bit different to the eye gunk thing, it would happen when I wad highly anxious and I couldn't focus on anything, a but like being really drunk but in a really bad way, everything was distorted. This hasn't happened to me in over ten years but it was horrible at the time.
    Yes this is exactly how it felt for me tonight no gunk but blurred double vision like when drunk. Not nice, I have calmed down now. Thanks for the replies.

Thread Information