Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aargh! the supermarket!!

aargh! the supermarket!!

hi folks
    what is it about supermarkets? ive come back from morrisons with my wife (too anxious to work today) it can be hell on earth in those places cant it? trolleys bumping in to you, buying things you dont really need, seeing someone you know and hiding behind the frozen peas so you dont have to talk to them,bad lights, finding a car parking space that isnt 3miles away from the store entrance,and then the dreaded checkout thats when you really wanto abandon trolley and leg it out of there LOL:( i bet im not the only who feels like this am i?[8D]
    take care
    Stressed Mick!

Hi there, you have just described my supermarket trips perfectly. The lights are awful, but you did it mate, so that is good!!! Make a list and only buy what is on it, eat before you go or else you will buy everything in sight if you are hungry, if possible go at a time when things are not as crowded, let your wife push the trolley you sound lethal with it! lol. I always try to have a back up plan, if i am with hubby i always say, would you mind doing the checkout bit if i have to escape, once i know i can get out whenever i want, i tend to be able to manage it! good luck. xxx

hi Carlin
    good advice m8, im dreading the christmass shop though when people buy 50 loaves of bread etc and it takes 4hours to through checkout ho!h o!ho! cant wait can youLOL[^]
    if you dont laugh whats the alternative
    Mick

Not in the slightest Mick

When I am really feeling bad and the shopping needs to be done, I go to another supermarket...one that I know but not local.

I also buy into lists..I used to be able to write the list out according to the aisles in the shop...I could have done Mastermind on product placement in Sainsbury a while back.

I tend to pick quieter times, but havent yet had to do it at 3.00am!!

I also buy a treat while I'm at it so when its all packed away I can sit down with the paper and enjoy whatever it might be!! It is usually sticky though!!! (oh for goodness sake behave!!)

Cheers

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

hi mick yeh thats me down to a tee!!!!
    most people in tesco probobly think i,ve won a trolley dash competition!!!!!!LOL
    i bet i could break the world record for the fastest shopping trip!!!!!!!
    rach x

Think most people feel like this about supermarkets even "the normals" lol.

I only like going to my local one coz I know where everything is, but I am lucky its the getting there that is my problem but I always make sure I get myself a treat when i have done it.....thats what i tell hubby anyway I agree about christmas though the shops are shut for one, two days at the most people think they have to stock up for the nuclear fall out![Sigh...].

Then again I used to do that when I got there coz never knew when I would get there again LOL.

At least you did it Mick thats the main thing!

Steph

I think part of it is over stimulation of the senses. The colours are too bright, too many similar products to choose from, the music is intrusive, the bing bong of staff announcements, smells, crowds, that hunter gatherer instinct of 'get out of my face, I was looking at the cheese first' aggressive feeling!!! (and so on).

When I feel a wobble coming on, I slow everything down. Stand and look at an item, any item, to get my bearings, few deep breaths and then onwards, but slowly onwards. There is such a tendancy to rush around which I believe is all down to the psychology of the supermarket owners, eg., over stimulate them, make them feel rushed and they'll buy more of what they didn't come in for!!!

Failing this, there's always 24 hr shopping!!!

Kay x

hi lickey and ceecee
    i think this thread is going to be a funny one every one who,s replied has made me laugh,lickey whats with the sticky im intrigued m8? and ceecee i bet you a fiver you couldnt beat me in a shopping dash!
    take care you scallywags!
    Mick[8D]

Hey Mick you have made me giggle today!!!!!!!We are all here knowing exactly what you mean.Next time we are in a supermarket we will all be thinking about each other,thinking the exact same thing[:P][:P][:P]

Ellen XX

Mick...on the last trip it was a pair of Belgian buns!! It isn't always food as, Norm says though. The shopping list is a great way to hide CDs on the off chance that the supermarket might stock something that I want to get (not often!!)

Kay...I think you are spot on with your comments, sometimes it is real overload and people are in too much of a hurry. Seldom do you get a smile of "hello"!!

Norm...Spot on about Christmas shopping...where on earth do these people put the stuff..and how much is thrown out!! Biggest Crimbo dinner we have had is around 14 folks and no way did we have as much as most of the trollies..or in some cases two trollies.

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information