Thread: Birth Control Question!!!

Birth Control Question!!!

Hi All,

I find that just when I am about to get my period, I feel incredibly low and my depression/anxiety seems to come crawling back. I talked to my doctor about this and he suggested starting a birth control to help with all the hormone imbalance and to get everything regulated. He gave me Lo Loestrin FE, which I have not started yet, but I have only heard horror stories. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice/personal stories that may be of some help to my nervous mind? I would only be using the pill to curb my mood swings, so I am a bit hesitant to begin. Thanks in advance.

Re: Birth Control Question!!!

I was on loestrin for a while last year but it didn't agree with me at all, but that was partly because I am lactose intolerant and never thought to check pills for it... It gave me at least two painful periods a month for the 6 months I took it too and I really didn't like it.
    I have now been on Evra (it's a patch not a pill) for about a year and it has levelled me out completely, I don't get mood swings anymore and I don't get any pain or any negative effects at all really, it's quite wonderful! Might be one to consider if Loestrin doesn't work for you.
    Loestrin might work for you as they affect everyone differently,

I was terrified to go on the pill. I am 34 and I always said I would never go on it but 18 months ago I decided i couldn't take the hormonal problems I was having and agreed to do what my GP suggested.

I was having heavy periods for years and feeling awful for 10 days, very painful and heavy. Also mid month I had ovulation pains for 2 days which was hell. Then I started having spotting so I had a scan and saw gynae and was given the all clear but told I had to go on the pill to help myself. I did and I am so glad. I will admit I was scared as I worry about my health but I am glad I tried it. It sorted out my periods but also cleared my skin up pretty well, I had terrible adult acne.

I am on Loestrin 20, and it is one of the safest combined pills so I am told. It has suited me really well.

Try the implant it stops/lightens ur periods for 3 years x

Thread Information