Thread: Any advice on my latest Panic Attack

Any advice on my latest Panic Attack

on the 01/01/14

I was not feeling worried about anything before the attack just enjoying the new year.. about 7-pm just felt a sharp stabbing in my chest area that was on and off did not think much of it 15-20 mins later sharp pains still on and off and heart rate was increasing....

8-pm i arrived in AnE with problems still there..

8:30pm had an ECG was all over the place and BP was 160/90

9pm was put into a ward hooked up the the heart monitor machine breaths per min 13-24... BPM 100-120

10pm Boom had this wired feeling started at my fingers pins and needles and the feeling followed the rest of my body ending at my toes...

Then this feeling hit me like a ton of bricks when after the pins and needles reached my toes my whole body went numb.. Then boom BPM 151 i felt fear like i have never felt fear before

The women in my ward was rushed to a room to get me diazepam

even now i still feel weird like really dont feel good in myself at all

Re: Any advice on my latest Panic Attack

Not sure what advise your looking for??

From what you describe you experienced increased anxiety and panic and that it passed (as it always does) and was not dangerous to you (as it never is), but that your still worried about it (which is making you a bit anxious still).

thetube82

"The women in my ward was rushed to a room to get me diazepam " - and I'm guessing this worked?
    Did you tell A&E you suffer from anxiety? They will have hooked you up to monitor to be certain you were not having a heart attack, but the fact they left you hooked up to it alone, suggests they never thought you were.

sorry for the long response from me and yes i said i get paranoid and have anxiety the diazepam are better than what im on now citrapram

---------- Post added at 04:25 ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thetube82 View Post
    Not sure what advise your looking for??

From what you describe you experienced increased anxiety and panic and that it passed (as it always does) and was not dangerous to you (as it never is), but that your still worried about it (which is making you a bit anxious still).

thetube82
    and yes still feel fearful tbh

---------- Post added at 04:27 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

forgot to say they took blood tests whys that

Anaemia can cause panic attacks and anxiety and I know this well from when I had a Caesarian! I was on 8 iron tablets a day for 6 months as I'd lost so much blood. I would get incredibly breathless and my heart would beat fast in an attempt to get more oxygen around my body...then I'd see stars and have to sit down.

Another one can be your thyroid. Again, this can cause rapid, irregular heartbeat and can be controlled by medication.

Diabetes can cause 'episodes' of feeling unreal.

In some ways, I used to hope I'd have real symptoms because at least I knew that treatment would stop the feelings? This is very naive of me I think as I'd probably worry about having the ACTUAL problem!

I guess monster energy don't help me then as my family i think have got diabetes
    i have had iron checked in the past all was good

they did mention i had pleurisy

---------- Post added at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 ----------

due to the fact i have problems with heat so i always have window open

Hi there

From what you describe....it does just sound like a normal panic attack, but of course when you are having a panic attack I have learnt that a general
    panic attack doesn't always come on as a panic attack, it can be in different forms..... My worse panic attacks have been in the middle of the night while I assumed I was in deep sleep.... have you ever had that before?
    All I can say is.... we all *have* to trust the doctors and nurses, hard to say when you are having an attack... but try not to worry too much about how you feel ( easier said than done ) but from what you have said, your symptoms didn't ring any mega alarm bells with me, as I have had what you have described a few times... it's a nightmare when it is happening, but you are still here eh)) Happy new year

Kyle you know am here for you baby there's nothing I wont do for you seeing you in that hospital bed was the worst thing I had ever been through but I would do it all over again in a heart beat no matter how bad thing's get its me and you forever baby I love you so much and I know you would do the same for me <3<3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information